Kies not connecting.Support

Last Updated:

1. Newskin01

Newskin01 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I have had kies on my computer for about two months. My phone connected fine and I could save messages and contacts. But now after this kies update I just sits there and says "Connecting the device... Please wait" This is rather annoying. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, persists to do the same thing. I tried clicking some buttons. It says something about you can't do blah blahh when there is a firmware update. I didn't hit the firmware update button so it shouldn't be downloading and update. Idk. Anyone having this problem.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

First, Welcome.

Searching the forum for "Kies" will provide you with posts similar to yours along with proposed solutions. A good place to start. That said, here's my offering:

No guarantees, of course, but if I could make Kies work with my phone anything's possible. Note the Kies version that I used - that's important. Search Google for a download link for that file if you don't already have it. Also, don't upgrade Kies or futz with any other buttons in the program after it's installed. It wasn't broken so I didn't fix it.

- I made sure that any previous version of Kies was gone
    - Assured that previous Kies folders were empty
    - Searched my registry for the string \kies and deleted all instances
    - Installed Kies_1.5.3.10083_66.exe
    - Fired up Kies
    - Placed USB phone setting in Kies mode
    - Rebooted phone (just felt like it)
    - Assured phone remained in Kies mode
    - Connected phone to PC via USB cable
    - Watched while drivers were installed
    - Gasped in amazement when Kies and my phone introduced themselves to one another

Newskin01 likes this.
  3. Newskin01

Newskin01 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. :p I'll give that a try. I'm one of those people who likes to back up everything just in case. This is preventing me and in a way frustrates me. I appreciate you help. Also, thanks for welcoming me. Seems like a pretty great community. :) Defiantly have to bookmark for any of my cellular needs.

4. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

It is a great community and, as with any large gathering of disparate individuals, contributions will run the gamut. From time to time (albeit rarely) threads will turn personal - a true magnet for a moderator to step in to restore objectivity. And, from time to time, stuff gets interesting, e.g., mention the three dreaded letters "GPS" and feathers start flying. Stay away from that bit of quicksand and you won't be transported to the Siberia known as "Sticky - All things GPS."

P.S. If you do wind up in Siberia, make sure to post "get a TomTom." Then sit back, munch on some popcorn, and use your keyboard as a shield.

Enjoy!