• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies on XP not connecting to Apollo

Its showing on the device manager when I connect the phone and Windows sees it as a Samsung Android USB Composite Device and on My Computer it shows as a GT5081 Card all which I assume is correct and the phone is displayin the USB Icon with connected underneath yet still Kies doesnt see it, Im getting f***ing annoyed about it now, have even just downloaded the latest Kies update and still nothing :thinking:

Upvote 0
gave that a try and still no joy, Im going to get onto Orange to see if they have done anything that could have messed the phone up, I know they put their own software on so it could be that, but thats clutching at straws now!

I am using Dell XP and had issues while installing latest Kies downloaded from net but when i install the version provided in CD from box it works fine. So try with Kies out of the box.

Reactions: Aident
Upvote 0
Hey,
i have galaxy 3,5801.I had got 2 MINI-CDs with it which has kies in it.
If you hadn't got it,that means your box was opened.You should go the seller where you bought it from and ask him for CD.
Actually connecting galaxy to PC is pretty confusing.Even when i brought the phone i was not able to connect to 1 week,after lot of trying diff options i was able to connect.
PLZ REFER THE USER MANUAL!!!!!BEST SOLUTION OR ASK CUSTOMER CARE

Upvote 0
Hey,
i have galaxy 3,5801.I had got 2 MINI-CDs with it which has kies in it.
If you hadn't got it,that means your box was opened.You should go the seller where you bought it from and ask him for CD.
Actually connecting galaxy to PC is pretty confusing.Even when i brought the phone i was not able to connect to 1 week,after lot of trying diff options i was able to connect.
PLZ REFER THE USER MANUAL!!!!!BEST SOLUTION OR ASK CUSTOMER CARE

I got the phone direct from Orange in the UK and it wasnt opened and there was no discs in the box, the user manual offers no advice. You say you now have your Apollo connected. would you please share how you did it then please

Upvote 0
Hello, can you tell me for what purpose you would like to use KIES.
Because I solved the problem with 2 other programs and I am satisfied about the results. I receive my mail out of Outlook and also my Agenda is synchronised in another way , but properly working very good.

Well the obvious thing will be any upgrade to Froyo which I understand has to go through Kies. Rang Samsung today, no use at all,waste of time, managed to get a bluetooth connection now working to transfer files to and from memory card so Ill settle for that

Upvote 0
I have recently purchased an Apollo I5801 and I have spent ages trying to sync contacts via Kies. Had success this morning on both my Vista SP2 and XP SP3 machines, using Kies version 1.5.3.10103_102 downloaded from the Samsung website. The phone will only connect if the SD card is unmounted for me. If you mount the SD card the MTP driver isn't found and it kills the connection. Good luck folks.

Upvote 0
I have a similar observation to 'clarks_magic_sack' ... i was able to connect using Kies version 1.5.3.10103_102.

Also, when i plug-in my phone, the AutoPlay option of windows pops up ... here select 'Do-Nothing'. This way, the card's file system is not mounted on the Windows file system....i am guessing that this is the trick to get Kies to recognize your Galaxy 3.

Upvote 0
I also second clarks_magic_sack's experience, I also successfully connected my phone to Kies when I unmounted the SD card, which was the original one provided by Samsung.

Folks,what are your experiences with other vendors' memory cards?

this has been widely reported to work, but not for me :-(
It seems to relate to files on the card having long extensions, eg.

assss.dfdfgdfghfh

This is one problem and some folk are lucky.
I'm not :-(

Jeff

Upvote 0
Well, it's too bad when KIES cannot access your SD card, because this means that you are not allowed to backup your photos on your PC.

So I went on with searching and I found a solution that worked for me, in spite of this is for Wave.

Let me mention that an earlier WMP11 build was installed on my system prior to Kies installation, but that didn't work. This reinstallation of the User Mode Framework solved my problem, now I can connect my SD card with Kies as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones