KIES PC Suite updated with new USB driversTips

Last Updated:

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

The immaculate Kies has been updated.
    It is now on (3 Sept 2012)
    Samsung Downloads

If you are like me and never use Kies, and only update it just in case there has been any improvements made to the USB and modem drivers, then see my post here to download the USB drivers only

See My Kies Post for reinstallation instructions should you encounter problems.

ironass likes this.
  2. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Well-Known Member

For the PC maybe, the Mac version is still At least Samsung are consistent; both versions are garbage.

I stand corrected, just downloading a new Mac version of Kies (v1.3.0.12023_9).
  3. Andylfc5

Andylfc5 Member

Is this programme real ! Don't know how many times I have updated Kies, but still all I get is connecting . . . . . . . . . when I connect my phone. How hard is it to make a programme that works ! Little things like this mount up, seriously will consider non samsung phone in future.
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

If just because of Kies, you give up arguably the best phone in the current market, I think you shortchange yourself. The thing with Android is, you have alternatives to Kies. You can go through the life of the phone without connecting to it.

The only reason I use Kies is for official firmware upgrades, but do you know how many just went ahead and flash the upgrades without having to wait and use Kies? There are so many alternative apps for syncing and backup in the market too.

That Kies is not the best software out there is pretty obvious although I suspect its because they are trying to make it work with too many phones using different operating systems. But like I said, you can live without it, so why bother getting all bothered with it?
  5. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Kies (8th Mar 2012) is now available to download off the Samsung website.

This one also comes with a component update that is downloaded on first run.
    Not sure exactly what gets updated (hopefully its the USB drivers) , but just thought I'd let you know.

Not had any issues yet.......
    ironass likes this.
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Kies, the Samsung PC Suite has received an update to version

To check which version you have installed, open Kies and select Help > Kies information.

To update, select Help > Check for updates.

The new version comes with updated drivers.

To download Kies if you do not already have this installed on your computer, see here:-

Kies Samsung
  7. ironass

What happens if you un-install completely and then re-download and install?
  8. Rottitera

Rottitera Member

I have tried this and re-installed several versions of Kies and still am being advised to update Kies to 2.3.012035_16.......the version installed is
  9. ironass

2.3.012035_16 is the latest version.

So, you have completely un-installed and all of it's drivers in Add/Remove programs in Control Panel and then cleaned your registry and then downloaded the latest version from the Samsung site?
  10. Rottitera

Rottitera Member

Yes....i have done all to the letter and still get the same message telling me to update to the latest version......
  11. ironass

So... you un-install the old version and you install the new version of Kies, after cleaning your registry and rebooting, and it still tells you to update... even though you have now downloaded and installed the latest version direct from Samsung. You can check this in Kies by going to Help and About.
  12. Russell Ng

Try updating without the phone being connected. See if that works. I think the Kies on the Samsung site is still the older version.

ironass likes this.
  13. ironass

How odd! You're right Russell. The Samsung site does offer the older download,, and then when it is installed it offers to update to
  14. Rottitera

Rottitera Member

The question is each time i try the update it offers the same update repeatadly......and yes i have done all the steps afformentioned to get round this but i always end up back at the dreaded "Please update to the newer version"

Any other ideas chaps ?????
  15. Russell Ng

I manage to update fine without going through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling Kies. The only thing that seems to be different is that when I updated, I did not connect the phone, so it was just a pure Kies update.

The only other advise I've read is for you to uninstall Kies, clean all registry and then only reinstall Kies. Since the Samsung website is still using the old version, you should get a notice to update when you on Kies. Try update without any connection to the phone.

16. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Kies (6th April 2012) is now available to download off the Samsung website.

See post#1 for Kies update instructions
  17. ironass

The latest version of Kies, mentioned in post #1 is now available to download, direct from the Samsung website... at last! :)

Kies Samsung
  18. pavangattu

pavangattu New Member

I have installed Kies and after that when i try to connect my S2 it's started saying that "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies" not sure why is it so,

Even Samsung Service Ceneter people also not aware of this issue and they are also unbale to answer to this,

Some one can please let me know why it's occuring like this.
  19. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Kies has been updated again.
    Now on 10 May, 2012
  20. The Driver

The Driver Well-Known Member

If the installation process goes round & round in circles, then turn off your anti-virus/internet security, then try re-installation.

I had a problem like this and found the only way to get Kies to install correctly is to turn it off, then do it.
  21. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Kies (29 May, 2012) is now available.
    See post #1 for details
  22. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

I am told I have the latest version when I check but my version is:-

I wonder what the final "_2" means?
  23. ironass

Download the latest version, here.

Contains updated drivers.
    athegn likes this.
  24. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Downloaded and installed your suggestion.

Splash screen still shows:-
  25. ironass

Splash screen does not show the version after 18 has been displayed.

Providing you downloaded from the Samsung link, which does show the .2 version, you're OK.