• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies - Seriously P*****g me off!!

TechGrin

May 26, 2010
Hi guys,

I know there's loads of Kies threads already, but I have tried everything I can and I still cannot get the phone to be recognised in Kies mode by this poor excuse for software!

I have no problem in getting the phone to be recognised by Kies in mass storage mode, but as soon as I select Kies mode (as it says to do!) its just not recognised.

I've tried all the fixes and solutions i can, but to no avail.

Can anyone help?

USB debugging off. Stock launcher running at home screen. Set USB to kies by default. After kies you can go back to your usual setup.

yeah, it is one of the worst apps of any kind. I *only* use it for firmware updates and only when I know there is an update which we're still waiting for. The device started to get corrupted again and this time without an available update kies was useless so I finally went to Odin to flash the same stock version.

Reactions: TechGrin
Upvote 0
USB debugging off. Stock launcher running at home screen. Set USB to kies by default. After kies you can go back to your usual setup.

yeah, it is one of the worst apps of any kind. I *only* use it for firmware updates and only when I know there is an update which we're still waiting for. The device started to get corrupted again and this time without an available update kies was useless so I finally went to Odin to flash the same stock version.

You sir are an absolute legend! It never occurred to me that launcher pro could be causing an issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones