Kies - Seriously P*****g me off!!Support

Last Updated:

1. TechGrin

TechGrin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I know there's loads of Kies threads already, but I have tried everything I can and I still cannot get the phone to be recognised in Kies mode by this poor excuse for software!

I have no problem in getting the phone to be recognised by Kies in mass storage mode, but as soon as I select Kies mode (as it says to do!) its just not recognised.

I've tried all the fixes and solutions i can, but to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

USB debugging off. Stock launcher running at home screen. Set USB to kies by default. After kies you can go back to your usual setup.

yeah, it is one of the worst apps of any kind. I *only* use it for firmware updates and only when I know there is an update which we're still waiting for. The device started to get corrupted again and this time without an available update kies was useless so I finally went to Odin to flash the same stock version.

TechGrin likes this.
  3. TechGrin

Thanks, I'm running launcher pro atm, so il try with the standard interface. Id flash on a custom rom myself, but I've one of the galaxys that has the manual recovery mode disabled so its too risky!

4. RadioFrogZombie

RadioFrogZombie Member

My phone does not have an option for setting the USB to Kies by default, unless that's something you do through the computer. I just can't get it to connect to Kies, or even Microsoft AutoSync.

Sorry, I am just a bit lost here.

5. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

Settings/About/USB Settings

None of the sync pc apps are worth using if you just keep contacts in the google cloud.

6. TechGrin

You sir are an absolute legend! It never occurred to me that launcher pro could be causing an issue.