• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies Solution

phfire

Nov 28, 2011
For those who have trouble connecting their Kies to their PC. Here's a piece of advice.

1. Uninstall old version of Kies using Revo uninstaller and remove all associated files.

2. Download and install new Kies (Dec 2 as of this post).

3. Launch Kies

4. Connect device to a fast USB socket (normally at the back of the cpu casing)

5. Download and apply update

P.S. DO NOT MOVE PHONE WHEN UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS!

have you guys tried updating your firmware to KL2?

im trying to update mine but cant continue because when its already in the process of updating it, it will suddenly stop and and error will appear saying that "firmware upgrade has stopped working"

i have reinstalled kies twice but still always the same result

try it on WIN XP and if ur using XP then make sure u remove ur SD card from phone before u upgrading ur firmware this shud work as i 2 had same issues but phone got updated like charm when i tried on XP and un mounting SD card

Reactions: jayem123
Upvote 0
My Samsung Galaxy Y will *sometimes* not receive calls when the screen is locked.

Full signal etc, but the person trying to call gets the message that I am "unavailable".

My firmware is version 2.3.6 which was suggested as a fix for the problem, so it's just buggy as the previous version.

This is the most basic use of a phone, and I would suggest that anyone thinking of buying a Samsung avoids them, because this is a really serious issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones