kies update 2.5.0.12094_28Support

1. umutjunk

umutjunk New Member

now i am using kies version 2.5.0.12094_28 as it is the latest downloadable version from samsung website.

after installing, i can easily connect my samsung s3 and use it.

but kies finds an update to the program itself. after updating itself, my phone becomes unavailable to use with kies :confused::confused::confused:

any ideas ?

thanks,

Advertisement
  2. VincentLui98

VincentLui98 Guest

Almost everybody have connection problems espically Mac users. Try and reinstall drivers.
  3. gavin.oddy

gavin.oddy New Member

There seems to be a bug in an update "for firmware management" that is applied to version 2.5.0.12094_28 of Samsung Kies. Once the update is installed it ceases to recognise the device. The solution is to uninstall Kies completely and install again. Version 2.5.0.12094_28 works fine provided you don't let it install any updates. I downloaded it from Kies Samsung a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, if you install the update it doesn't change the version number (very clever, eh?) so there's no way of telling whether you have a "pure" version or whether it's been corrupted with the update (other than the fact that it doesn't work).
  4. thes3user

thes3user Member

Hey guys, glad I found this forum. I'm having similar type of issues as you, although my s3 does get recognized; the problem is that when I try to update the kies version on my vista, it gets stuck in the downloading Window process and also takes a while to connect the s3 with Kies. I never had any issues before the update notification. I was able to establish connection with Kies at first, but when I attempted to sync a few music albums, it showed 23% synced and jus stayed that way until I got fed up, and just canceled the process. Your help will be greatly appreciated.