kies update

Last Updated:

1. umutjunk

umutjunk New Member

now i am using kies version as it is the latest downloadable version from samsung website.

after installing, i can easily connect my samsung s3 and use it.

but kies finds an update to the program itself. after updating itself, my phone becomes unavailable to use with kies :confused::confused::confused:

any ideas ?

2. VincentLui98

VincentLui98 Guest

Almost everybody have connection problems espically Mac users. Try and reinstall drivers.
  3. gavin.oddy

gavin.oddy New Member

There seems to be a bug in an update "for firmware management" that is applied to version of Samsung Kies. Once the update is installed it ceases to recognise the device. The solution is to uninstall Kies completely and install again. Version works fine provided you don't let it install any updates. I downloaded it from Kies Samsung a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, if you install the update it doesn't change the version number (very clever, eh?) so there's no way of telling whether you have a "pure" version or whether it's been corrupted with the update (other than the fact that it doesn't work).
  4. thes3user

thes3user Member

Hey guys, glad I found this forum. I'm having similar type of issues as you, although my s3 does get recognized; the problem is that when I try to update the kies version on my vista, it gets stuck in the downloading Window process and also takes a while to connect the s3 with Kies. I never had any issues before the update notification. I was able to establish connection with Kies at first, but when I attempted to sync a few music albums, it showed 23% synced and jus stayed that way until I got fed up, and just canceled the process. Your help will be greatly appreciated.