• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help kies update killed conection!!

After updating kies yesterday evening with latest update i can no longer conect my galaxy s!! When i do kies simply hangs at the checking for devices stage!! was wondering if any body else has had same experience and if so have u found a resolution??? Any help would b greatly recieved!!
Many thanx B jenkee

What I do is, if it fails to connect, leave kies running pull out usb cable, then reinsert usb cable and connect in mass storage mode. once connected I close mass storage, unplug usb cable then reinsert usb cable and connect to kies. It always seems to work for me. I have heard restarting the phone can also work but that would take much longer.

Upvote 0
Happened to me as well. I am running Win 7 and Kies gets stuck at checking for devices. My method that works for me is to connect the phone to USB and then choose Connect to Kies on the phone. Then on the computer I run Kies. This pretty much has the phone recognized by the software as soon as it starts running and has been working for me every time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones