1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Kies will not connect

1. Premo da Rula

Premo da Rula Member

I'm having trouble getting kies to recognize mt phone. I plug it in and it keeps askin me to connect a device. Do I need to have USB debugging checked? This is driving me nuts cause it was working.

Advertisement
  2. Premo da Rula

Premo da Rula Member

Soooooo....... obviously noone else is having this problem.
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Premo. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Kies. Rebooting your computer and phone?
  4. Premo da Rula

Premo da Rula Member

Yeah Ive tried all those even installed on another laptop. I'm stumped . It worked a couple of months ago.
  5. alexiskisses

alexiskisses New Member

Yup, its happening to my Galaxy s2....SAME EXACT THING!!! Hoping to find a solution..
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I've seen it happening a lot lately with people with different Samsung phones. Maybe its a Samsung problem.
  7. Premo da Rula

Premo da Rula Member

I dont know but it was working when the ICS update came out and a couple of months after. When I tried it this weekend nothin. I'm thinkin I need it so I can flash CWM seein as my pc needs to recognize my phone. Right????
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I have the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 so I'm not 100% sure how you flash CWM on yours. Check the stickies in the All Things Root section. I assume you would use Odin and yes, your PC would need to see your phone but not necessarily Kies. Odin would have to see it. If Odin sees your phone, you would see a yellow rectangle with a com number like this:
    [​IMG]

Have you tried Kies with USB debugging checked?
  9. Premo da Rula

Premo da Rula Member

Yes I tried usb debugging checked on and I read the instructions and even you tubed them.
  10. ddshat

ddshat Member

Try using a different USB cable. It may sound pointless but I switched cables and it worked fine. I has the same problem yesterday.
  11. neanders2

neanders2 Member

I used Kies and it worked fine, albeit slow. Is it an issue of patience? I mean, it might have been a full minute before it recognized my phone. Data transfer and all that was slow, but it did work.
  12. capnmike

capnmike New Member

You should check out this]site, seems to be working in mine (for updating OS on phone), not sure if KIES will work properly afterwards...