KIES wont finish recognizing my phoneSupport

1. Joso1000

Joso1000 Member

Hello. I have Galaxy S Plus. When i connect it to the computer, i can acces the files and folder thru My Computer but when i start Kies the Kies keeps connecting to the phone forever but never finishes. I tried reinstalling the Kies, downloaded the newest version but nothing has changed. Tried the option to remove the connectivity problem but that keeps on my screen forever as well and nothing happens. Help please. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Sorry I cant help but I'm having the same problem with my galaxy tab 2, so frustrating!
  3. Joso1000

Joso1000 Member

Anyone???!!
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome Joso!
    I moved your thread here so others with your device can help out:)

Edit: If you don't get an answer in a reasonable time, let me know:)
  5. Joso1000

Joso1000 Member

Hey thanks!! Hmm whats reasonable time here? :D

I posted the thread last night
  6. Mikestony

Well, that was in the Android Lounge so I thought some folks who have/know your device, would be able to help. But fear not my friend, if no one gets back to you, let's say, by later tonite, p.m. me and I'll put out a call for help:)
    I don't use Kies myself so I don't have any advice for you:(
    But I'll do some research in the meantime to see if I can come up with anything for ya:)
  7. Joso1000

Joso1000 Member

Thanks!
  8. Mikestony

Stand by, I'll see who/what I can find to help:)
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hey Joso :ciao: Welcome to the forums.

Reboot your computer and phone. Try disabling anti-virus if you have any on. Try a different cable and/or a different com port. Try USB debugging on/off. Finally, try a different computer if you can.

And yes, Kies can be a PITA. :D
    Mikestony likes this.
  10. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Possibly tried manually installing the drivers rather than pc/Kies installing them?

Never used Kies myself, but at least odin wise, pc installing drivers allowed me to view files on my phone, but had to manually install the drivers for odin to recognize my device.

Could be the same here maybe?

DS
    Mikestony likes this.
  11. Joso1000

Joso1000 Member

I dont want to mess with the drivers manually, i wouldnt even know what drivers to install, besides i need Kies to update my firmware to the newest. Btw i tried the advices but its still connecting endlessly
  12. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Sometimes it can take 4 or 5 minutes. Does your phone model ever show up in the connecting window?
    Mikestony likes this.
  13. Joso1000

Joso1000 Member

No it doesnt. Can it be something with the rooting my friend did to my phone months ago? He did some stuff with the rooting (i dont even know what that means) could that be causing the problem?

Btw once i left to take a nap and left it connecting and when i got back after a few hours it was still connecting
  14. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I'm not very familiar with your phone and rooting it or what your friend may have done . On my rooted galaxy S2 Kies still recognizes it, but updating would unroot it. If you are going to update it, I would suggest getting your friend to install the stock rom and recovery back on it which, I assume, would involve using Odin. He may also be able to use Odin to update it if the firmware is available at sammobile.com.
    Mikestony likes this.
  15. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Can your phone connect to the PC without any issue if you don't have Kies on? Just turn off Kies and connect the phone.