• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kies won't start

mamakoosa

Lurker
Dec 6, 2010
Hi all,

I can't get Kies to run anymore. I'm on Windows 7 74bit. Until a few weeks ago when I installed OCLF Lag Fix it was working, but now it's not. I've un-rooted my phone using the OCLF guide as well, so everythign should be the same.

Even when my ohone isn't connected, Kies just refuses to start. I have tried updating to the latest Kies version and also installing the 64bit USB drivers.

Whenever I connect all that happens is an Windows Explorer window opens, navigated to Computer\GT-I9000. I've checked that Settings > About phone > USB Settings is set to "Samsung Kies".

Any help is much apprecieted!

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark,
Are you saying you can not get Kies to start ~ even with the SGS not connected?
If so you have a couple of options:-
1. Uninstall Kies and re-install. This should reinstall the USB drivers.
2. On your PC look for a System Restore to take your PC back to when Kies last worked correctly.

Regardless it would seem your USB Drivers are the culprit here.

Upvote 0
Found a solution:

I was also getting windows update errors. It was faiuling when trying to update the .net framework. I had to go into Uninstall/repair programs, run a repair on the .net framework.

I was then able to update windows successfully. Then I installed and ran Kies - everything working fine now.

Froyo here I come.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones