Kies won't start

Last Updated:

1. mamakoosa

mamakoosa New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I can't get Kies to run anymore. I'm on Windows 7 74bit. Until a few weeks ago when I installed OCLF Lag Fix it was working, but now it's not. I've un-rooted my phone using the OCLF guide as well, so everythign should be the same.

Even when my ohone isn't connected, Kies just refuses to start. I have tried updating to the latest Kies version and also installing the 64bit USB drivers.

Whenever I connect all that happens is an Windows Explorer window opens, navigated to Computer\GT-I9000. I've checked that Settings > About phone > USB Settings is set to "Samsung Kies".

Any help is much apprecieted!

Cheers,
    Mark.

Advertisement
  2. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Mark,
    Are you saying you can not get Kies to start ~ even with the SGS not connected?
    If so you have a couple of options:-
    1. Uninstall Kies and re-install. This should reinstall the USB drivers.
    2. On your PC look for a System Restore to take your PC back to when Kies last worked correctly.

Regardless it would seem your USB Drivers are the culprit here.

3. mamakoosa

mamakoosa New Member This Topic's Starter

Found a solution:

I was also getting windows update errors. It was faiuling when trying to update the .net framework. I had to go into Uninstall/repair programs, run a repair on the .net framework.

I was then able to update windows successfully. Then I installed and ran Kies - everything working fine now.

Froyo here I come.

4. cbemont

cbemont New Member

I had this problem too. The PC I had the problem with is connected to a network. If I disconnect the network cable, then Keis loads. Then I can even reconnect it and Keis will see internet and work 100%!