• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

naviwilliams

Android Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2011
Atlanta
Today is the FIRST time I've ever tried Kies, and I have to say, I'm rather impressed...

It is not quite iTunes, but does a similar job. I mainly wanted my playlist from iTunes to sync, and save the 'settings' for my Skyrocket. And Kies seems to do just that.

I've not bothered to backup Contacts, Calendar, Email etc. since that is all already saved in GMail ;)

Anyone else use Kies?

Today is the FIRST time I've ever tried Kies, and I have to say, I'm rather impressed...

It is not quite iTunes, but does a similar job. I mainly wanted my playlist from iTunes to sync, and save the 'settings' for my Skyrocket. And Kies seems to do just that.

I've not bothered to backup Contacts, Calendar, Email etc. since that is all already saved in GMail ;)

Anyone else use Kies?

Yes I use it too and I like it for the same reasons you do. I used it to transfer my favorite ringtone that I had downloaded from the web.

Upvote 0

Anyone else use Kies?

Yes, but AirDroid is vastly superior. I use AirDroid regularly as both in usability and capabilities it is superior to Kies. I would certainly expect Samsung to improve Kies in the near future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones