• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kii Keyboard - OMG! Watch out Swype & SwiftKey Flow!

The top three gesture keyboards (currently) are Swype, SwiftKey Flow, and Kii. After Kii fixed its problem with correctly recognizing repeating letters, I'm actually using Kii more now -- because only Kii lets me directly input words into the user dictionary. Swype and SwiftKey do not.

I found another problem with Kii: it's difficult to select and cut/copy. With other keyboards, I just long press and then slide across the screen to select and then cut/copy. I have no idea how it's done in Kii; it must be something unintuitive. I do not use cut/copy and paste too often. But when I do, I have to switch out of Kii to another keyboard.

SlideIt, which used to be the second best swyping keyboard, has fallen so far behind the competitions and newcomers.

Upvote 0
I've been trying out Kii to see if I prefer it to Swype but, somehow, while trying out the various options, I've turned off the ability to swipe. Can anyone tell me how to turn it back on please? Also, I miss the ability to make a capital letter by swiping up before swiping the letter like in Swype. Is this possible with Kii?

Upvote 0
Have you (or anyone really) made the jump from Swype to the new Google keyboard? If so I may just give it a test run :).

Yeah, I'm in the process of that now. First impression is that they're very similar wrt "flow forgiveness" (I can't think of what else to call it, lol) and predictions, but I still give Swype the edge because of its gestures. But I would take Google over Swiftkey.

Upvote 0
Have you (or anyone really) made the jump from Swype to the new Google keyboard? If so I may just give it a test run :).

I have been using Swype for a couple of months now. I decided to give the Google keyboard a try when it came out last week. I have been using it since late last week almost exclusively to see if I like it. So far, I find the Google keyboard is about as good as Swype.

What I am trying to figure out is how to get the English US layout, but have the dictionary be English UK. There is no English Canadian layout. :mad: I think this will be the deciding factor on which keyboard I decide to use as my portrait keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones