Kill location services once a day?

Last Updated:

1. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Android Central posted a FAQ for the Hero that linked to a post on their forums suggesting that this would speed up the Hero. I must have somehow missed this because it's the first I've ever heard about it. Anyone know if there's any truth to it?

Never mind. Naturally right after I post this I see a post about it in another thread.

Advertisement
  2. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member

also wondering

3. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

This isn't unique to the Hero, is it ? I seem to be running into this (daily) on my HTC Eris. Called Verizon and their usual fix was to pull the battery... It worked, but I ain't doing that every day. Will try un-checking the boxes. Since late yesterday, my phone is saying "Current location" for my different location-based widgets. Sometimes, opening the weather app and forcing a refresh would fix it, but not every time.

4. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I think it is a 1.5 problem, so I imagine all phones would have that issue until updated over 1.5.

5. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

That's what I suspected (or it was common to all HTC phones running 1.5). Of course, Google pointed me to this thread as I wouldn't normally look in the Hero forum here, so isn't there a "general" forum that's more suitable for a topic like this ?

By the way, the "fix" didn't work. I'm still getting "Current location" for weather and "Current city" for time.