Killed my droid!!!! Help!!!!

Last Updated:

1. MChim

MChim New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Recently, I installed FRG01B. I had no problems with it except for the fact that I couldn't get the phone to mute.

I noticed that there was a really cool version of FRG22 out by Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.3 (FRG22).

I downloaded RSD Lite, SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf, and I downloaded the 64 bit drivers for the Droid. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64bit. I got the files from this page: FRG01B.SBF for Droid courtesy of RootzWiki - Droid Releases - AllDroid Public Board - FRG01B.SBF for Droid courtesy of RootzWiki - Droid Releases - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

Anyway, I installed RSD Lite and the drivers. I opened RSD Lite and opened the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file. I clicked show device, but nothing was showing up in the window, but below it said connected. I clicked START. After my phone rebooted, it's shot. No service, no battery life, and it keeps rebooting itself. What can I do! Someone please help! My Gmail address is chim777@gmail.com and I will be available for chat as well. I will keep checking this thread every few minutes. Someone please help as I have no clue what the hell I did. All I wanted to do was root my phone. =(

Advertisement
  2. Kent Kelly

Kent Kelly Member

Can you boot the phone in what looks like the bios on a pc? If so look under the recovery option. Look for the Nand and or another recovery option. You should be able to run a recovery and restore the phone to original. Then you can start over. I just did that after pooking the phone after rooting and then making changes to the system font. Not the end of the world just some more time. Rooting is worth it if just for the wireless hotspot capabilities
    ;-

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

This is normal

You now just need to download the FRG22 file, put it onto your SDCard, rename it to update.zip, reboot into recovery and install it - just like the guide says.

jimdibb and Kent Kelly like this.
  4. Kent Kelly

Kent Kelly Member

Johnlgalt has it right. I used a different method to root but he is the man I would listen to as I have read several of his posts to learn about this new to me rooting fun.

UBRocked and johnlgalt like this.
  5. johnlgalt

Wow, thanks!

I am nowhere near the man - so many forefathers like Cyanogen, P3 and others, along with folks that have been doing this a lot longer than I have, like Pete, Koushik, and others, are so much more knowledgeable than I am.

I am humbled that you just elevated me to where you did.

(Now it is your turn to learn all you can and come join me up here helping others :D)

6. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Oh quit it john...you're the man and you know it! :D

7. johnlgalt

rotf - nah, I just have a good memory for things - and I like to break things myself so I can figure out how to fix them....

8. Kent Kelly

Kent Kelly Member

Seriously,
    It's guys like you who make it fun to learn this stuff. Without your leadership we newbs would be bumping into the walls and buying way to many replacements for our toys. I feel a group hug coming.

johnlgalt and UBRocked like this.
  9. johnlgalt

Double wow! Thanks, man, I appreciate the sentiment!

10. ShuttleXpC

ShuttleXpC Well-Known Member

The tutorial john posted is the one I followed to the letter, nothing bad happened to my phone. I've had a jailbroken iPhone for about 2 years now (1st gen) a custom firmware PSP. All of this stuff is nearly the same in the way you have to root/install custom firmwares. It is all fairly safe as long as you follow the directions.

johnlgalt and UBRocked like this.
  11. jimdibb

jimdibb Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used that same guide last week and everything went great.
    Thanks!