• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] Killing persistent Amazon Apps (video, Audible, etc)

grbolivar

Lurker
May 26, 2013
I rooted my KF 2nd Gen, I want to keep the Amazon apps (Video, Audible, Pictures, etc) but I don't want them to auto-start and consume my battery as I rarely use them. I use Clean Master to kill the apps but they auto-start again a few seconds after, they completelly ignore me no matter how many times I "kill" them, even tried some other App managers and nothing worked, they always auto start.

Any help? thanks.

I rooted my KF 2nd Gen, I want to keep the Amazon apps (Video, Audible, Pictures, etc) but I don't want them to auto-start and consume my battery as I rarely use them. I use Clean Master to kill the apps but they auto-start again a few seconds after, they completelly ignore me no matter how many times I "kill" them, even tried some other App managers and nothing worked, they always auto start.

Any help? thanks.
I would just install Titanium Backup and then freeze them until you need them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones