Kinda new to this soGeneral

Last Updated:

1. downey1071

downey1071 Active Member This Topic's Starter

If I root my phone I have been told that I will be able to remove any apps that I want to, such as facebook and footpints and so forth. How will this work? Will they show up in uninstaller or when I go to manage my apps will they now give my the option to uninstall them and not be grayed out. Please explain this to me in detail.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Any deep modifications you make as root to the operating system are made with privileges not available in non-rooted phones. The details about those things are in a great area here called "All Things Root."

All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

3. johnnyboy1549

johnnyboy1549 Well-Known Member

from what ive read it isnt as easy as there in uninstaller or not greyed out anymore. youll have hook your phone up to the computer and run comand prompt and type in the .apk and what not to get it done. if you search it on hear youll find it pretty fast and find out how easy or difficult it will be for you. but if you root which ROM you pick will depend on how much you would have to get rid of. i have white widow and it didnt have any of the useless apps on it. no footprints, tweet, facebook. so its pretty nice. cause i dont do well with the command prompt so all i had to do was flash my ROM and im good to go. but in the end is just doing some research to figure out how easy it will be for you to do. if you google it also it will find some of the threads on this site easier then trying to word something perfectly in the search bar.