Kinda Noob questions

Last Updated:

1. DLawson84

DLawson84 New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 30, 2010
    I have a droid x haht I recently rooted and am now looking to SBF, which I am not sure that I have understood any directions on so far nor do I even know what it means at this point, and also looking to overclock. I tried d/ling an OC app but I wasn't comfy with it and just uninstalled it(don't really remember the name) I've spent some time searching on the forum, went through some of hte tut's on rooting to roms and still seem lost. Maybe someone could give me some tips on SBF, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    well one what do you want to sbf for?do you know if your on 2.1 or 2.2?just press menu from home then settings then about phone and it will tell you ...if you are on 2.1 then unroot and do the official update if you are on 2.2 then maybe you should not update to 2.2.1 yet which is the leak 2.3.320 until you fully understand this since its an unsupported leak ....and for overclock the best app by far is jrummys droid overclock app has more bells and whistles then santa sliegh! be careful once you get into overclocking as most phones are fickle and cant handle the instibility of overclock not set your overclock setting you choose to set on boot until you know its stable and you are not running hot or getting too many reboots ...i say this because if you set it to boot with unstable numbers you may not be able to get back into the aoo before another reboot occurs causing a big pain ..just set it and leave it and if you get a reboot just set a different set of numbers...hope this helped you ...sorry to ramble
  4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Usually the SBF is used to repair your phone, but the latest version can also upgrade it.

Are you sure you mean SBF? What are you trying to do,

• upgrade your phone to fix something or
    • install a rom or theme?

Rooting is safe and all it does it allow you to do other, more advanced things. You don't have root privileges by default, b/c you're less likely to screw up something w/o it. It's just that "root" lets you do other things, including back up your phone.

After I rooted my phone, I installed a one-click reboot app and a screenshot app, then did nothing for a couple weeks.

Just make sure you read a lot before you move past "root".