Kindle App cant find the book I bought

1. jrayj75

jrayj75 New Member

I have a Huawei Mercury. Downloaded the kindle app, bought a book, and now for the life of me can't find the file. I already checked the "kindle" folder and it's not there. Any suggestions on where else I might find this MOBI file?

Thanks.

JrayJ

Advertisement
    :
  2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Assuming you already have an Amazon account; login and then any purchases will show either in the Amazon Cloud or on your device.
  3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Open the Kindle app, from the home screen (the app's home screen) select archive at the top. Everything you have purchased will be displayed there. Then just choose what you want on your phone.
  4. OkeeChloe

OkeeChloe Active Member

If you don't see it in the archive do a manual sync sometimes that helps.
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think, your .mobi file is in the folder 'Download' on your phone.
    Shove the .mobi in the folder 'kindle' and you'll find your book in the Kindl app's bookshelf :)

BTW, you might buy your books in Kindle shop on your Kindle app next time.
    So your book would downloaded directly on the bookshelf of the Kindle app :)
    The file of this book won't be a .mobi ;)
    you'll find it on your phone on /Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files ...

Harry
  6. Trimbaud

Trimbaud Well-Known Member

There are some things that Amazon won't allow you to send to the apps. Log in to your amazon account, and from 'manage your kindle', see if you can send the purchase to your app. If you can't you can always either side load the file, or call Amazon for options. They have perhaps the best customer service of the digital age.