Kindle app won't downloadSupport

1. Betsers13

Betsers13 New Member

I've been trying to add the kindle app to my tablet, but it keeps saying that its waiting for a data connection. my husband has the same tablet and his said that it won't download without a SD card. I have an SD card in mine...but we just can't figure it out. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!

If you let us know which tablet you have, we can point you in the right direction.

When you say waiting for a data connection, are you able to log into the market and the app won't download? or when you try and open the market, it gives you the error.
  3. Betsers13

Betsers13 New Member

I have a MID wm8650 7". When I go to the amazon website it sends the download e-mail that you click the link to download the app. When I click the link it tries to download but says its waiting for the data connection. It's already connected to the internet, so I'm not sure what else I need to do. It just won't download the app, haven't even made it to the market yet :(
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

First thing to check is if you can even get to the market. Go to the app drawer and see if the market is one of the apps. If not, then that might be a problem.

If you can get into the market then get the Kindle app there. Kindle for Android | AppBrain.com.

The link from the Amazon email is to download and install the Amazon market app so you can get the kindle app. When I tried it, there was a pop up. but if you are doing this on the tablet, you might be not able to proceed because pop-ups are blocked. Open your browser and then tap menu>more>settings and un-check the box next to block popups.
  5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member