Kindle appGeneral

1. secretmachines

secretmachines Well-Known Member

hey everyone, I've had the Kindle app on my HTC handset for a while (mainly free books), and installed the Kindle app on my N7 and logged in. however my 'store' on the N7 is empty.

i would have thought i should have access to the books i've downloaded via my HTC?

i've definitely logged in with the same account, because I've checked my amazon account and the 2 devices are both showing.

any ideas? :)

Advertisement
  2. davewood44

davewood44 Well-Known Member

Go online on your desktop with Amazon kindle and just check to make sure its properly registered and that its set up to use all your devices
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Are you able to see your books under the archived section? If so, you just need to manually download them to your Nexus.
  4. secretmachines

thanks guys, will have a try tonight :)
  5. davewood44

Just to confirm when you log onto your kindle account via amazon (on the pc) nake sure whispersync is turned on. That's why you can't get the books on all your devices. Couldn't remember what it was called on my earlier post :D
  6. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Have you tried the "sync and check for new items" option in the menu?
  7. segundar

segundar New Member

how can I use Calibre with the N7?
  8. davewood44

Good one! The obvious first choice. :thumbup:
  9. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Vague question. The vague answer is the same as with any other device. :)

I know that's not the most helpful answer, but more specific info is needed.
  10. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

Seconded! :thumbup: :thumbup: :)
  11. secretmachines

thanks guys, found 'em!
  12. Myicha

Myicha Active Member

Without Rooting

Do you have full use of the Kindle Owners' Lending Library? I've read so many different post from other sites about N7 owners are not able to get/borrow free books with their prime account. I know about not being able to stream videos, which is fine with me.

My main concern is having the same access I would have with a Kindle when it comes to books. I prefer N7 for obvious reasons. But if I can't use Amazon Prime for books as I would with KF then KFHD it is.:( Not to mention books with a better price for Prime members.

Not trying to be rude but I would like for someone who is a prime member w/Nexus7 to answer this question. Or if you know someone that can can answer truthfully.

Thanks

Thanks
  13. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Active Member

I'm a prime member with a Nexus 7 and have not been able to access my lending library. Not a biggie for me, but to each their own.
  14. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member

The Kindle Owner's Lending Library is only available on Kindle devices. I can't even access it via my Fire. It is only available for me via my Kindle Touch.
  15. M81162

M81162 Active Member

I think it's only available in the US. Amazon don't seem too bothered about Europe which is a mistake as the Nexus was released before the first Kindle Fire.