Kindle applicationGeneral

1. anna12345

anna12345 New Member

Dear all, I am brand-new to the tablet (Samsung tab) and I have downloaded Kindle app yesterday and it shows that my device has been registered with Amazon (at least the only option I am getting is to deregister it, thus assume it is registered). Amazon shows that the book has been sent to my device, however all I am getting on the app is the black screen (showing only a list of potential books (all books, archived books etc with zeros everywhere).
    Can you please share some tips/ideas?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD Well-Known Member

The 3 dots on the "library" screen, pick that and pick "sync and check for items"
  3. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

I remember being a bit puzzled too by the Amazon Kindle app. Can't remember what i did exactly but check the settings (far right) of the app on the Tab. As I recall, it initially shows only downloaded books. Try the Settings>Sync and Check for Items.
  4. jpaskell

jpaskell Active Member

On my Tab2, all the books on my Kindle showed up and I just touched the book I wanted to read, the cloud downloaded it and I started to read away!!!
  5. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

If you can, use the task manager to kill the Kindle app. Reload and see if your book is there.
  6. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

I downloaded some books from torrent just to try the app and copied the mobi files in the kindle folder on the internal memory and i got the books in kindle app.

Make sure you copy the books in kindle folder directly. The mobi files should not be in folders inside the kindle folder.