1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Kindle Fire 1st gen v10.2.4

1. ebisco

ebisco New Member

I bought a kindle fire first gen but after the unboxing.. i saw my kf have last one version of "amazon-android" 10.2.4 and with this version i can't root ora change bootloader/recovery/rom.. and also kindle fire UTILITY (xda) doesn't work... is there a possibility to put an older version than 10.2.4 into the kf so i can root it? SORRY for my bad english.. im italian. Thanks for reading.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

ebisco likes this.
  3. ebisco

ebisco New Member

Thank i've solve with another guide.. however.. can i install a custom rom on my 2gen of kindle fire ?
  4. devodev

devodev New Member

Hi Ebisco did you root your kindle 10.2.4? i can not yet.
  5. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Moving this thread to the 2nd gen subforum.
  6. hey, when you did it did you just use the normal mode for the root?? if you can post what you did I'd greatly appreciate it
  7. enema87

enema87 New Member

Ciao Ebisco, to root my KF v10.2.4 I have to use only one of these two guides or both?

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460
    forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1893838
  8. agadida

agadida Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this link works.
    forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1893838
  9. eldj26

eldj26 New Member

Hey, please send me the guide that you used to root your kindle fire 2nd G please.
  10. adisagio

adisagio New Member

Were you able to install a rom? I am able to do the root but then I can not get into recovery mode, I know help?
  11. Parky4056

Parky4056 New Member

To root it use qemu root and bin4ry method! Worked for my 2nd generation. Hope it helps!