Kindle Fire and Touch 3GGeneral

1. roy92

roy92 Member

Since I'll wait till year end to buy a good Android phone I've decided to buy a Kindle Fire and Touch 3G.............But I have a few questions about them.........

1) I stay in India, so will 3G services of Kindle Touch 3G be of any use to me or should I get just the Wi-Fi version Kindle Touch........I can save about 50 dollars..........

2) Can you save the web pages on Kindle Touch........As in like Firefox "Save Page As".........

Kindle is a very suitable choice because of its price.............Are there any other alternatives...............

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

My wife owns the Fire and loves it. Her's is the wifi only version which works fine for her. She has wifi at work and home.
  3. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Hey roy92, welcome to the forum! I love the fire though it works with Wi-FI only.
    For the G3, this would probably be a good place to start to see if you would be covered http://client0.cellmaps.com/viewer.html?cov=1
    roy92 likes this.
  4. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

Not to be a wiseass, but the "wifi only version" is the only version that exists. There's no 3g Fire.
  5. roy92

roy92 Member

6. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Disregard my post.
  7. roy92

roy92 Member

Still waiting for some personal opinions on Kindle Touch 3G..........
  8. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Your probably not going to find a lot of opinions about the Non-Android Kindle Touch 3G simply because this is mainly a forum about Android devices. Your likely to find much more info on this device by doing a Google search, here would be a good place to start. kindle touch 3g review - Google Search
  9. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

Having an older Kindle keyboard 3G, I can say that the Kindle 3G is compatible with Sprint's 3G network. I'm going to bet that 3G probably won't work in India because of the difference in networks. That said, I would suggest going with the WI-FI only version...
  10. breakingdawn

breakingdawn Active Member

I don't think there is a 3G version of Kindle Fire, right?
  11. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Not of the Kindle Fire, but other Kindle's have 3G options.