Last Updated:

1. bobbrown89

bobbrown89 Member

Advertisement
  2. echoes106

echoes106 Member

3. Pulsar

Pulsar Member

I good quality case is a must for any tablet. You should have something that will protect your Kindle Fire in case you drop it. Tablets don't bounce well.
  4. bobbrown89

bobbrown89 Member

the splash brand also has another case that is not their slim one, though I can't tell the difference except the other one has thicker padding?

I think protection for the tablet is necessary, but I don't foresee using the Kindle Fire out in public in a subway or something crowded like that, and even so, an Otterbox might be over kill
  5. tstarky

tstarky Active Member

6. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

I don't like to add bulk and weight to my mobile devices. So I make do will a screen protector and a skin from decalgirl.com.

decalgirl.com is real quick about providing skins for new devices. I think I had a skin for my Kindle 3 less than a week after it was released.

Edit: Just checked the decalgirl.com site and they have Kindle Fire and Kindle Touch skins on sale. I thought I got my Kindle 3 skin the day after I received my Kindle 3.
  7. bobbrown89

bobbrown89 Member

8. tstarky

tstarky Active Member

Agreed about "double sided tape" sentiment. I will definitely be giving it a good testing before I rely on it completely. If it doesn't work out, Amazon has a great return program so I don't feel like I'm wasting any money taking a chance. I'll post after I get it and report if it does the trick or not.
  9. omgwtfmason

omgwtfmason Member

I think I'll def wanna be getting a case if I decide to order a KF. I really like the way the one in the OP looks, and it's cheap too! Probably will be getting that one.
  10. lynyrd65

lynyrd65 Member

That looks like my friend's leather Touchpad case.
  11. Ngo93

Ngo93 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that otterbox makes a case soon! They are always my first choice when it comes to protective casing.
  12. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I'm impressed with the case that Amazon makes for the Kindle... the case that they make for the Fire would be at the same quality and worth the wait IMO.
  13. PalmPilot

PalmPilot Member

While an Apple rip off, that Slim Folio case looks fire! (pun intended)
  14. bobbrown89

bobbrown89 Member

There is no official Amazon one yet which is surprising. Might wait for that one to come out to see.

right now only case/cover officially offered by Amazon is that pouch one.
  15. corduroytrees

corduroytrees Member

16. tstarky

tstarky Active Member

That would be fabulous. Outerbox has saved my phone more times than I care to count!
  17. Doxielvr3

Doxielvr3 New Member

I bought my kindle case on ebay for $11.99 free shipping too. Its leather and very nice. It came in just 2 days. It makes holding my kindle fire feel so much safer. I would hate to drop it.

Best of all for me this particular case is pink which is what I wanted. They have other colors as well.
  18. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

I wonder if cases for the Playbook would work? Never held a playbook so not sure.
  19. kolen

kolen New Member

20. RawRmon

RawRmon Active Member

This is what I bought for my KF. It makes your kindle look amazing. I didn't think it was possible for me to love my KF more than I already did, but this case made it happen. The price for it is great and very affordable. I would have paid more for it if I saw it at a store.
  21. Djjasonk

Djjasonk Member

Thanks op. Was curious about cases too. I want something rugged for the kids. Will post when I find a good one.
  22. Dinsmo

Dinsmo New Member

I think the black leather (?) case here at Amazon for under $10 is pretty nice. It fits my Kindle Fire well. Not sure why it doesn't show up when you use the Amazon link for Kindle Fire cases. So you need to do a custom search or use the link below --

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...17145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B005QJR346

Navitech Genuine Black Napa Leather Flip Open Book Style Carry Case Cover for the Kindle Fire 7 Inch Tablet By Amazon
  23. OmgitzFire

OmgitzFire Member

24. troymann

troymann New Member

The one I bought was the Deft Dante 360 in black leather. It is a rotating case that works as a stand in portrait or landscape mode. The leather is soft and is a very high quality. I am very happy with it so far, and for $30 is a great deal. Just though I would share my experience.

TM
  25. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member