Kindle Fire Demo Mode.Support

Last Updated:

1. mhroten77

mhroten77 Member

Hello everyone :) My job was throwing away demo kindles and nooks to make way for new stuff so I acquired a Kindle Fire. It is a demo kindle fire. I have been searching forums on how to remove the demo program so I can use this regularly. If only I could get my computer to recognize it as a USB device then I can slide over stuff to maybe get it rooted or re-flashed to stock, etc.. I have downloaded the Google USB ADB drivers and installed them but still no luck
    Is it possible to wipe away the demo?

Thank you all very much

Advertisement
  2. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

3. mhroten77

mhroten77 Member

Sweeet Thank You :) I got a recovery flashed to it now and went in the menu to do factory reset and it seemed to wipe some of the demo crap on it. So what I want to do is flash a new rom for it but the issue I am still having is that when I plug in the usb cord it pops up as a E: drive like its supposed too but when you click on E drive it says insert a disk. Any suggestions on how to get that part to work?

Thanks again:)
  4. Epicurean

Is there a prompt on the KF to enable USB mode? You may have to open the lock screen before you see the prompt. (just guessing, I don't have my KF with me today)
  5. bcox95

bcox95 New Member

Could someone pleaase explain a little morre. I still don't get it
  6. Epicurean

The OP was stuck on getting root, which was resolved. He didn't really go in to what he would do after that to get rid of the Demo Mode
  7. bcox95

bcox95 New Member

I have the same problem and can't get out. I was wondering if he could explain what he did to get out
  8. bcox95

bcox95 New Member

I have the same problem on one from Craigslist and I was wondering what he did to get out of demo mode
  9. Epicurean

You can always try sending the OP a private message?