• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kindle Fire HD 7 - Light Bleed Issue

kjledford

Lurker
Nov 28, 2012
Hi All,

I bought 3 Kindle Fire HDs from Best Buy on Black Friday (in another state). All three have what I would call noticeable light bleeding from the corners of the viewing area. It can be seen very clearly while the unit is booting up (kindlefire splash screen) - its in the corners on the side of the camera.

I returned all three of these and exchanged them (at my local Best Buy) - and all 3 new ones have the same thing. Some were worse than others- but all show it.

Amazon is willing to exchange them - but not for "New" units.

My question is - am I the online one seeing this? Did I just get 6 bum Kindles? Is it on all Kindles and I'm just too uptight about it?

I'm hoping some other HD owners wouldn't mind turning their units off - then on (in a dimly lit room) and looking for this light bleed. Its also present when ever there is black on the screen (ie watching movies)

Thanks so much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones