• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kindle Fire stuck on "kindle fire" screen, nothing helps

jimmy154

Lurker
Apr 27, 2013
I was using "Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9" with option "3" (install latest TWRP Recovery). I was following a tutorial, but it might have been for a different fireware and version of the utility.

After this it got stuck on the "kindle fire" screen, now nothing recognizes it. Not windows, not my computer, not "Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9", not "Kindle Unbrick UtilityV1.1". Windows says: "USB device not recognized".

It's a 1st gen. It was running 6.3.2 firmware.

I tried holding the power off button for 20-30 seconds and rebooting my computer. Nothing has helped.

What can be done now?

Any luck with it I read on xda-forum about a factory boot cable??? Don't know but I have seen then anywheres from 5-15 USD supposedly when you plug kindle fire via one of these it will cause kindle to boot up in fastboot or recovery mode which then you will be able to reflash Roms and such relatively easy duhno I'm thinking about buying one and trying it out...just a suggetion to you. If you have figured it out plz let me know something.

Upvote 0
0.9.9 flashed twerp and fff put ICS on it then went to jellybean but noticed wasnt rooted went and tried to root it and i am a novice hacker flashed a .zip wiped cache and the got dumbed and rebooted from recovery menu now no fff screen looks like its going to stock bootloader amazon orange and white bright then goes dim and sits i noticed ocassionally if i keep rebooting it will almost look like its trying to boot to TWERP but doesn';t

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones