Kindle for Android is available in the Market

Last Updated:

1. dunetails

dunetails Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    beardyweirdy likes this.
  2. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Nice! Though on first look I'm not too impressed with the selection or the pricing. That's entirely upon the first minute of use. But Laputa has some great free books for the picking. I'm sure there's a few I'll buy over time. It's nice to have the option. Ereader was one of the things I was hoping for, and am happy to find exists, on my new droid =)

3. beardyweirdy

beardyweirdy Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up.

Seems to work well. I'm 'piggybacking' on my mum's account as she has similar reading taste to me and as a Kindle owner has already purchased quite a few books.

It's responsive and downloads the books quickly. The only thing I don't like is that you're stuck with one font (you can change its size and page colour options, but not the font itself). I personally much prefer reading a sans serif font rather than the Times Roman style they've used on this app.

Not sure how likely I am to read whole books on my phone - I've tried other e-readers on phones/PDAs in the past and have only ever resorted to reading whole novels when I've been away from home and have exhausted all other reading matter. However, with the Desire's clear and spacious screen this should be an improvement so I will give a couple a proper try to see how I get on.

4. mpquikster

mpquikster Member

I downloaded laputa last night and this lets you change the font. Seems a really decent app for free, just started reading the latest Dan Brown book

5. JudithPrietht

JudithPrietht Well-Known Member

I installed Aldiko, which seems fine - and has a choice of 3 fonts - but wasn't aware of Laputa... anyone have any experience of the two to compare?

6. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member

Laputa is mint but a bit dodgy in that you can grab shedloads of newly released books for eff-all. Both Laputa and Aldiko suffer from occasional grammatical errors and spelling mistakes though.

Laputa is my favourite.

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

this has been out for ages. Massive selection, you can browse the american site on your pc or phone browser if you want. then wsimply purchase it and it will be sent to your kindle app.

best thing is that it stores what page your at in the cloud, so when you (i) get your (my) android tablet you can carry on reading where you left off.

8. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

laputa is great, still can't work out how it's legal as everything is free!

9. Tó Madeira

Tó Madeira Active Member

Hi all

new to the board, but have been using it for a while to help me with stuff for my Desire

anyway, just wondering what the board's policy might be on posting download links for Kindle e-book files? ;)