• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kindle for Android is available in the Market

Nice! Though on first look I'm not too impressed with the selection or the pricing. That's entirely upon the first minute of use. But Laputa has some great free books for the picking. I'm sure there's a few I'll buy over time. It's nice to have the option. Ereader was one of the things I was hoping for, and am happy to find exists, on my new droid =)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads-up.

Seems to work well. I'm 'piggybacking' on my mum's account as she has similar reading taste to me and as a Kindle owner has already purchased quite a few books.

It's responsive and downloads the books quickly. The only thing I don't like is that you're stuck with one font (you can change its size and page colour options, but not the font itself). I personally much prefer reading a sans serif font rather than the Times Roman style they've used on this app.

Not sure how likely I am to read whole books on my phone - I've tried other e-readers on phones/PDAs in the past and have only ever resorted to reading whole novels when I've been away from home and have exhausted all other reading matter. However, with the Desire's clear and spacious screen this should be an improvement so I will give a couple a proper try to see how I get on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones