kindle for androidGeneral

Last Updated:

1. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to use downloaded books in the kindle app. i bought a cheap book from amazon and it works no problem, but I don't know how to put dld books on the phone. I tried to convert some ebooks (pdf) I think they were and tried to store on phone. they are there on the phone and I can read them as a pdf but want to know how to read them through kindle. any help appreciated
    ric

Advertisement
  2. goku17

goku17 Well-Known Member

there are some ebook reader on the market...
    i'm currently using the FBreader and it works fine....
    im usually convert it to .epub
    and yeah... download the book and convert it to whatever apps u downloaded that support the code...
    hope that helps:)

3. gawen

gawen New Member

try moving the file to kindle folder in your sd card.
    Im not sure pdf will work, put .prc do work, for i have some working fine on my x10 kindle

4. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

I just went to the amazon store via the kindle app and downloaded a whole load of free books from there. It got me to set up where I wanted the books to be delivered (i.e. the phone!), and now whenever I get another book it gets automatically downloaded to the phone. Now, even if I request a book from my PC, I get the choice to synch it with my phone.

** Edit ** have just re-read your post and realised you mean books that you've already downloaded prior to getting the app. Sorry, can't help here.

5. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I downloaded a book from amazon and it worked no problem but the wife has a lot that she has dld and converted. I tried to put them on the SD card but can't seem to get them to work with the phone kindle

6. mimimoomoo

mimimoomoo New Member

Hi
    Only Kindle books bought from Amazon work with the Kindle app. Use a general ebook reader to read other file types.