1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Kindle not syncing samples

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Amazon Kindle on my phone stopped getting book samples. I have three samples already but I can't get any more. The Amazon website says sample being sent to device, but when I go check the Kindle app, it never gets there.

Any ideas?

I deregistered, installed, etc. It won't sync new samples.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. androidmb

androidmb Member

Is the kindle running on the android? I heard of that, it will come to android this summer.

I make a search for you, and not any data for android, but there's one for IPod, hope it could help:

I Pod Kindle app not syncing with Kindle

3. arendjie

arendjie New Member

I had the same problem with samples. Purchased books would show up in the Archived Items list, but samples would never appear. Here's what I figured out.

After the latest Kindle app update, I had to log in again. This apparently created a new registered device. To fix this, go to the Your Account page on Amazon.com. Under Digital Content, select Manage Your Kindle. In the section named "Your Computer and Other Mobile Device(s)", you should see a device named "2nd Android" or something like that. This is actually your current Android phone. Deregister your previous Android device name to avoid confusion, and rename the new one to something meaningful by clicking the Edit Info link.

I couldn't find any history of requested samples, so you'll need to go back to the individual book pages and request another sample. Make sure the Deliver To menu (below the Send Sample now button) is set to your current Android device name.