1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Kindle - Too many devices...Support

1. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

OK, so I like to install different ROM's all the time and I also like to use the Kindle app, I've installed loads of ROM's and never had a problem with this app but recently I got a message:

Now, I've tried deregistering my phone but I still can't read these books on my Kindle on my computer or the phone, and how do you delete the books aswell because there's no option for that.

Quite frankly I don't want to purchase another copy of all my books as I've paid for them once.

Any ideas of how I can read my books again?

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Delete books in the Kindle menu > more > remove items ?

Harry
  3. gibbs1984

Yeah, I can do that but I forgot to say that my books are in my Archive and I can't see how to delete them from there.

And if I do delete them if I download them again will I have to pay for them again?
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think your purchased eBooks are registered with Amazon (like your purchased apps with Google) but better you ask Amazon for your problem :)

Harry
  5. gibbs1984

Cheers :)

Pinged them off an e-mail.

Was trying to fiddle with things on my Amazon account but was frightened of deleting my books or my phone from my account so decided to e-mail instead.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

7. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Just checked on amazon.co.uk, under the Kindle section (Manage Your Kindle) and it shows a list of registered devices. It shows Tony's Android and Tony's Android2, which will be my Desire with stock Orange ROM and the same phone after I flashed LeeDrOiD ROM. You'll see all your devices there, just remove the earlier ones which will be your previous ROM's.

You can edit your device names too.
  8. coxy5559

coxy5559 New Member

I'm having the same problem as I started using kindle on my boyfriend's phone then got one of my own. I got the same error message when I tried to buy a book this morning so after much gnashing of teeth and probably multiple purchases I went online & deregistered the 1st device hoping that this would solve the problem. It has not..:( any further advice would be appreciated as I'm getting fed up now. Thanks x
  9. jenk1947

jenk1947 Member

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that Amazon will add the number of devices you can use if you ask them nicely. Their Customer Services are excellent so why not give them a ring?