KindleSupport

1. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Anyone using Kindle app with a Note 3?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

Haven't got a Note 3 but it works perfectly on the Note 1/2.
  3. Simon_Gardner

Is it worth doing? Is it a worthwhile reading experience?
  4. Mozartwon

Mozartwon Member

I find it works really well. The screen is so sharp, magazines can be read without zooming!
  5. Omicron Note 3

Omicron Note 3 Well-Known Member

Yep, using the Kindle reader on my Note 3 and have been throughout the EVO line of products. Bookmark and Highlight features are essential for readers on the go. I use Caliber to convert epubs to mobi.
  6. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Does the app have a night mode for white text on black background? I'd think that would make the battery last longer on the Note 3's SAMOLED display.
  7. Simon_Gardner

Thanks guys. I just tried it out on one book, one magazine and one newspaper. You are right. It works pretty well. Surprisingly readable. I can see using it for vacation reading. Not so sure about things like bird, plant, fungi keys etc...

And I still like my daily newspaper on paper.
    [​IMG]
  8. blooz4u

blooz4u Member

I installed this a few days ago.

It's a lot better than what I thought it would be. Very clear!
  9. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

I was forced into the Kindle app when a book I always carry with me on trips in paperback wasn't available on Play books. It's still the only book I use it for but it doesn't seem too bad. I haven't used it on the Note 3 yet with its reader mode. That should be interesting.
  10. Simon_Gardner

So you are the person who always carries that book.
  11. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Ha ha! No. Mine is Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey.
  12. Simon_Gardner

I have just found it. So the answer is - yes it definitely does.
  13. Geidroid

Geidroid Well-Known Member

Im coming from ibooks on the iphone. Loved ibooks and kindle looks great too. Should I even consider play books over Kindle for some reason? I kind of doubt anyone would say play books would be better than kindle but what do I know. Looking forward to reading on the N3!
  14. racerxe24

racerxe24 Well-Known Member

I love my Kindle app with my Note 3. I was previously using the HTC One and the extra real estate on the Note 3 is really nice. Loving it!!!!
  15. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

Simon_Gardner likes this.
  16. Mutant04

Mutant04 Well-Known Member

Using the Kindle App on my Note 3. Does a good job. Also if you can select it in Reading Mode in the System Settings. Device>Display>Reading Mode
    This will protect your eyes when reading the screen at night. Very nice.

If its not listed, tap the pen icon (top right) and then tick Kindle in the app list.
  17. Simon_Gardner

[​IMG]
    BlueBiker likes this.
  18. waklee1

waklee1 Member

I used the Kindle app on my S3 and now on my note3. Works great and if you are an avid reader like I am you can go directly to the Kindle store via the app, which you can't do via the ipad /iPhone.