Kinect & Move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone here interested in either? I couldn't care less. They booth look like crap. It's just Microsoft and Sony pandering to casual gamers who own a Wii. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

They ain't Nintendo on the field of kinetic and move in my opinion. It's good to see they are trying to step bit out of their own comfort zone.

But I will just stick to my Nintendo Wii when it comes to motion sense games.

3. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I agree they look stupid, especially the Playstation Move. I hated the Wii and will these as well. I will admit the Kinect to an extent is kinda cool for some games like the dance games they have, but a racing game? no thanks.

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Meh, not interested in the least bit.

5. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Move = bad

Kinnect = intrigued...see a lot more possibilities there

6. Ninja Monkey

I hate how the Wii has pushed motion control on us. I think motion control is crap. It doesn't work for most of the popular game genres out there. Meh.

7. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

to me move just reminds me of a wii controller with a light bulb on the end of it. kinect looks interesting both for some of its in game features and even if its only for motion control through menus and video/espn.

8. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

But I want a proper motion sense curling game! Would been soo funny, remember I was playing winter games on Wii. Curling was even fun in a cheap format like that.

9. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Kinect seems cool, but I cant see myself using it ever. Move is just a blatant wii-mote jack.. Whats the deal with the glowing ball on the top? It looks like some kinda crazy alien sex toy...

10. Ninja Monkey

Definitely looks phallic. :eek:

11. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Maybe I should buy that as a hidden sex toy, whenever they ask - oh its the move controller when its fact used for something else! :p

12. tomthetank

tomthetank Well-Known Member

how many of yous have actually used the playstation move? its soo much better than the wii! it tracks your motion much better, i think it is better than kinect will be, but ofc i am playstation user.

13. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

I have not used it.. But even if it tracks better then Wii.. It is still the same concept and I dont see those kind of games catching on with PS3 users more then the target audience of the Wii. I think kinect shows more promise over time.. But again I have not used either just seen demos of them. As someone said before.. kinect seems bad ass for just navigating menus all "Minority Report" style, but not for that price tag. :(

14. Ninja Monkey

I've used the Move. It still blows. Motion control is only for casual gamers. You won't be playing Gears, Halo, Resistance, Red Dead Redemption or GTA with motion control. What's the point?

15. goodm0urning

goodm0urning Well-Known Member

kinect is awesome, i played it back at E3 and it was one of the better gaming experiences i've had in awhile. it's really immersive!

16. NexusKing

NexusKing Active Member

Picked up Move (already had a camera), it's fantastic. WAY better than Wii/Wiimote. It's really accurate, very responsive and works very well indeed. The initial offering of games is very good too.

I have Tumble, Flightcontroller HD, Start The Party, HeavyRain, M.A.G and SportsChampions, and I have also played the demos of Tigerwoods and EchoChromeII.

M.A.G is VERY impressive demonstration of what the tech can do. Also after playing FlightController, I can see how the tech can easilly be adopted to point and click games (Command and Conquer/Sam and Max etc.etc..)

As for Kinnect, not interested at all. Nice idea, but WAY to limited. Saw a demo of Forza, and they had to take the brake and accelerator pedals away, so it's now just a steering game... Shouldn't they fir the controller to the game, rather than bodging the game to the controller?

17. porky101

porky101 Well-Known Member

I got the Move at the end of august before it came out and loved it. I found it 100x better than the Wii. It had more weight to it and you can really tell that its more accurate. As for Kinect I feel that it is way to much like the Eye Toy from Playstation 2 and that failed miserably. I think Microsoft might be jumping the gun on full body motion detection, whenever I play any games I want something to hold that is controlling it. Holding nothing and controlling the game still feels awkward and I hated it when the Eye Toy came out.

18. DaveTec

DaveTec Active Member

I've got the move, 4 sticks and all but one of the move games.

Kung Fu rider is a lot of fun with 2 player coop.
    The sports game that came with it rocks too.

It's a HD 1080p version of the Wii.

19. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

glorified WII....... so it reacts better... still, its wii motes with 2 obnoxiously bright BALLS on them.

very intuitive!! at least MS is going beyond this and eliminating remotes...

my question to ya'll who bought these is, honestly how much replay value is there?? great party games, yes! but youre really going to sit down by yourself and say, "lets play some boccee ball AGAINST THE COMPUTER!!!"

now compare those times with you sitting down and finishing your 3 season of Madden, or NHL, MLB, FIFA...... hell even MW2 has amazazing replay value

20. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

Funny how people have selective memories here...

Kinect is a PS2 EyeToy Ripoff. The only difference is that Kinnect has pushed itself beyond the realms of what consumers will consider working...

[​IMG]

Watch the Kinect disaster unfold. This close to Kinect launch, there are endless reports of it having problems with lighting, wallpaper colour/patterns,
    the size of rooms, the colour of players skin, the colours of their clothes, their height/weight and if they are sitting or standing.

Thats before you even get into things like games having to be badly hacked to work with it, like having to remove Forza3 braking and acceleration so it's now just a steering game....

Oh Dear....

21. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

forza 3 already has that built it. its under difficulty. and my GF still screws up with it

22. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

I have the Move.... With that I am going to sell my Wii tomorrow. The Wii was crap, a testing board of sorts.

Kinect is plagued with problems though.

The move is alright, though 10 times better than the Wii.

23. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

24. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

go figure, this guy chipping in on this thread, who would've seen that coming...

Kinect is a heck of a lot more than the eye toy ever was, and if you want to talk about blatant rip offs please explain the wii remote colored black with PS buttons assigned to it and a lightbulb stuck on the end...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

Anyone that's actually USED a Playstation will move, will know several things.

1/ it's a million times more accurate and responsive than the Wiimote ever was
    2/ the games are much better too.
    3/ it can properly track in 3 dimensions.

Are you REALLY dumb enough to judge something on what it LOOKS like, rather than how it PERFORMS? It may look like a Wiimote, but it certainly does not perform like one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.