Kinect

Last Updated:

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

I am quite interested in a Kinect for the 360, but it seems like you are gonna need an 8ft x 8ft area to play in. I can get back about 8ft from my TV screen at a push but will only get about 6ft width between furniture. For 2 player games the word is you will need even more. This is going to limit alot of people!

Advertisement
  2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

wish I could help but i didnt run into any issues setting up kinect and playing with my GF yesterday, I would recomend waiting a bit on getting it though after an hour we started to get bored with it, and there arent enough games, navigation through menus isnt hardish. wait a bit till more games come out.

3. jaybo1973

Its not out here for another week here anyway. Gonna wait and see what the word is about space. Dont want to have to move the xbox into the living room as I not be able to go off and play while she is watching TV :(

4. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

I've discovered I don't have enough room as well. Oh well.

Not like I have friends anyway... :rolleyes:

5. jaybo1973

LOl :) I reckon there will be lots of disappointed people who don't look into it first

6. NexusKing

NexusKing Active Member

Picked one up on Friday, in the hope it may mean we use our XBox (rather than me only occasionally using it). Sad to say it hasn't. I have already taken it back to Gamestop for a store credit, as it's nowhere close to living up to the hype. At best it's functional, at worst it's badly broken in many areas.

I was aware of the game selection, and that's not the real problem, the family did like the look of at least a couple of titles. The problem is the hardware, it's just SO frustrating to use. Think badly calibrated Wiimote from 2006 and imagine 10x worse.

Gonna pickup a PS3 Move set methinks, as I quite like the look of M.A.G and Heavy Rain for myself with the Move patches, and I think the family will like Sports Champions and Start The Party. I'l let you know what I think of them when I pick them up. (my local Gamestop is all out of PS3 Move controllers until the middle of next week).

7. conor.in

For sure. Especially because its $150, this will be a big problem. I think it's $50 overpriced.

8. jaybo1973

Well, its

9. conor.in

10. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather have a Wii than a Kinect. Sure, the Wii graphics suck, but they have awesome Nintendo character games as well as downloadable old-school games and remakes. And you get get them in white, black, or red.

The Kinect will need some killer games to have a long shelf life. I think motion sensor control is stupid, even on the Wii, for 99% of the games.

11. NexusKing

NexusKing Active Member

The problem is, the Nintendo 1st party titles are fine and all, but everything else plain sucks, badly.

12. conor.in

The PSMove is better at Wii's game than the Wii. More accurate and the games are more polished.

I have yet to play Kinect so I can't judge on that.

13. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I agree. Nintendo pigeon-holed the Wii into a gimmick. They decided motion sensor controls were more important than hardware and it shows because there are very few great games for the Wii. And like you said all of the great games come directly from Nintendo.

14. jaybo1973

Anyone in the UK tried it yet?

15. harry2010

harry2010 New Member

There is a nice video out shown a guy using his kinect together with his android device :) watch it here Kinect