1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

KISSAndroid

Last Updated:

1. sammeli42

sammeli42 New Member This Topic's Starter

In anticipation of cheaper Android phones and more elderly people there could be made a app/modification of Android to do atleast the following:

KISS stand for keep it simple and stupid and the application would be directed towards old people with bad finger coordination and perhaps also eyesight.

- All UI buttons are large and all texts are large
    - Easy to use phonebook + dial number
    - Easy to use calendar with medication to take reminder
    - Easy to use alarm clock
    - Other apps folder
    - Lock-down of modification of existing contacts, medication reminder, new application installation/ removal of applications (these would be behind password)
    - Only one home screen by default
    - voice activation of emergency situation action (yelling help for example could active this)
    - GPS tracking option

Those are what came in my mind right away...

Janne

ps. Some may say Android is not designed for non-tech savvy people but I disagree and think it could be great platform for a phone for older people but needs restricting the modifyability

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Restricting the phone is exactly what Android is against. I get where you're going with this, but there are a plethora of phones out that there can meet these needs; there is no need to utilize Android for this purpose.

3. smurph1

smurph1 Well-Known Member

Thats a terrible reply, i think it is a good idea, but everyone will want differing options, therefore needing modification...so i defeats the original idea!
    I'm sure an APP could be created to do the job!