• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

clarkkent27

Jan 5, 2011
Hey guys since i have updated to Kit Kat sometimes my screen won't wake up from being locked.
Also my wallpaper crashes and i have to restart my phone to make it come back. Even if i change the wallpaper before i restart it doesn't change.
Does anyone else have these problems?
Also Day dream doesn't display names i get from SMS just numbers and the same with .

Works just fine for me, and I updated yesterday.

I've not done anything really significant to stabilize the system.

I've not had any problem with any of my other applications.

I have found that as was reported in another thread, that the File Explorer aftermarket apps have some problems. The app 'File Expert' cannot access the Ext SD card. However the apps ES File Mgr and Astro File Mgr work just fine.

I also found that Android Tuner app has some issues with various thing like the statistics module because it can no longer load the necessary app element into the System folder without root permission, and I'm not ready to go that far yet.

I may explorer this option in the future, but we shall see.

I'm including an image that shows Kindle Reader functional and able to access elements of my current library!

Attachments

• Kindle.jpg
    Kindle.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones