• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone noticed that with the new update their peel remote is gone? That was one of my favourite features of the note 3 and now it's gone? If anyone knows why it's gone, or if you have any recommendations on what I should download in lieu of this. I don't have a smart TV or cable. I just liked to be able to pull down my notification bar and turn the TV on/off or switch the input. Also what are some good features of this new update? There isn't a lot of information on it...hence why I opened this account and started this thread. Thanks for your help :)

I live in Canada, so if your not from here then maybe yes lol. Anyways, it says my device is not compatible with this. I tried that already. It came pre loaded on my galaxy tab 2 also, I just don't know why they would remove it. I have tried lots of other TV remote apps, but none are as simple as peel...it was always in my notification bar if I pulled it down while at home. Very convenient...I will yell at samsung or android over this if I have to lol.

Upvote 0
I found it, thank you so much!! I tried so many from the play store and none are as good as this one...no app to open just right in the notification bar, and only when I'm at home. But I found a new problem, if u know anything about it. When I try to open my price lists (I'm a saleswoman) I had everything to open with Adobe as default, but the defaults aren't saving anymore. Everytime I click on a price list it asks how to open. I click adobe and always, but it still asks Everytime. I looked in the settings and in the default applications it only shows touch wiz and messages...quite annoying

Upvote 0
I found it, thank you so much!! I tried so many from the play store and none are as good as this one...no app to open just right in the notification bar, and only when I'm at home. But I found a new problem, if u know anything about it. When I try to open my price lists (I'm a saleswoman) I had everything to open with Adobe as default, but the defaults aren't saving anymore. Everytime I click on a price list it asks how to open. I click adobe and always, but it still asks Everytime. I looked in the settings and in the default applications it only shows touch wiz and messages...quite annoying

what is the name of the app you are using, I am curious? I have a universal remote but always testing different things...as for your adobe issue, do you have the option to open with adobe always or just once like touchwiz, etc?

Upvote 0
what is the name of the app you are using, I am curious? I have a universal remote but always testing different things...as for your adobe issue, do you have the option to open with adobe always or just once like touchwiz, etc?

I use WatchON(TV). It originally came pre loaded on my note 3. But u can also download it from the Samsung app store, it is not available in the Google play store. And I highly recommend it. Also, I'm not sure what your talking about. I have pdf file shortcuts on my home screen, but Everytime i click it it bring up the 'open with' screen with Adobe, kindle and Polaris options. I click 'adobe' then 'always' before the update, this would be all I had to do, then Everytime I click on a pdf it would automatically open with Adobe. It says my defaults were saved after I say always open with Adobe, yet it doesn't. Also I have tried going into the setting, app settings and if I click on adobe it says it is set to open as default for some things...I have tried clearing the default and resetting it, but it still asks Everytime, it won't just open with Adobe. And if u go into general settings there is now an option called defaults, but when I go into that setting it only gives me the option for default home setting and default message setting. There are no other options...could it possibly be an Adobe issue with the new update and no one has caught it yet? I am going to try a few more things to see if it's all defaults or just adobe, I will post with my findings

Upvote 0

I use WatchON(TV). It originally came pre loaded on my note 3. But u can also download it from the Samsung app store, it is not available in the Google play store. And I highly recommend it. Also, I'm not sure what your talking about. I have pdf file shortcuts on my home screen, but Everytime i click it it bring up the 'open with' screen with Adobe, kindle and Polaris options. I click 'adobe' then 'always' before the update, this would be all I had to do, then Everytime I click on a pdf it would automatically open with Adobe. It says my defaults were saved after I say always open with Adobe, yet it doesn't. Also I have tried going into the setting, app settings and if I click on adobe it says it is set to open as default for some things...I have tried clearing the default and resetting it, but it still asks Everytime, it won't just open with Adobe. And if u go into general settings there is now an option called defaults, but when I go into that setting it only gives me the option for default home setting and default message setting. There are no other options...could it possibly be an Adobe issue with the new update and no one has caught it yet? I am going to try a few more things to see if it's all defaults or just adobe, I will post with my findings

ah okay, found that. I was using peel before on my S3 but have a universal remote now so didn't reinstall or load it. The app is fine for me but only works at certain angles due to the infared I guess.

There could be some sort of adobe issue since the updates, as some old maps may not be working well? Not entirely sure what else to suggest. I haven't come across any issues since I updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones