• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Kit Kat (4.4) is here

My first thought on reading post #1 of the xda thread...

What is Working?
All is Working !!

Doesn't Work?
Camera
IrDa (IR)
Long-Press Home Button does not open Multi-Tasking

So... that should be... "All is not quite Working yet !!" :rolleyes:

Seems to be some confusion as to whether this is an official CM 11 ROM release even.

I would recommend anyone thinking of this to read ALL the posts first.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure" ;)

Upvote 0
for a port its running surprisingly well.

Camera isnt working atm, no big deal as it will be fixed in the next build which is due in a couple of hours.

Ive switched from dalvik runtime to Art runtime and things just got a whole lot smoother :D

The chronic kernel this rom ships with is very smooth, ive switched to ondemand and noop as i usually do so ill see how that pans out, wifi is extremely strong with this kernel aswell

I just noticed this rom does not change your baseband

Upvote 0
Day one review

Very very smooth and responsive rom, battery life is on a par with echoerom with ausdim kernel.

Im not overwhelmed by the quality of the camera but i have downloaded uCam and now have HDR working, not as good as the sammy camera but 100% better than CM stock.

DSP manager is a great alternative to vipermod, and its working great with google music

All apps work using the dalvik runtime, i was getting FC all over the place on ART runtime but there is now a hybrid gapps package being built, i just cannot live without whatsapp hence the fact i now run dalvik.

lastly (for today) Team Black out causes soft brick, maybe because of the Art runtime, im not sure, but ive had a pig of a day at work and im going for a beer.

will report more tomorrow

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Revised list from post #1, here...

What is Working?
All other is Working !!

Doesn't Work?
IrDa (IR)
HDR is not working (Grey Pictures)
Screen Rotation is Working 50/50
Anonymous Mode on Browser FC's
No Emoijs on SMS App
WiDi
ART is working 50/50
Proxmity Sensor
Compass

ktsoonsez has released a new Android 4.4, KitKat, kernel, here.

New universal gapps package added in post #1 of xda thread, here.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Well I went ahead and flashed it last night :)

So far it seems OK, it doesn't seem to be recognising my SD card and I've not tested it to the limit by any means, but it's decently fluid/slick just I find these days cyanogenmod alone isn't customisable enough. I want to be able to swipe down with one finger and have my toggles cone down also to be able to change those toggles!

Think I'm going to stick to stock until a few more releases and aokp/pa :)

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones