• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Love the Optimus G Pro.
So when this new Kit Kat is released will I be able to update the phone to that version ?? How does that work ?? How do I update to it ?? I've never owned an android device before so this is all new to me.
Also, why do all the android operating systems have to be named after junk food ??
Thanks,
Pete

This is an old post but just for fun ima answer that question about the names. When Android first came out in 2007, They had two versions, Android alpha and Android Beta. The Beta version was the first commercially released OS.

They had named a few of their OS's after Robots, and subsequently why the Android robot is their staple logo now . But rumor has it the sweet treat names came when the employees at Google started naming the Android versions based on what dessert was being served in the cafeteria at that time.

Over the years it just stuck and now they choose their names in alphabetical order keeping in tradition of using sweet treat names. Google, no pun intended, is a wonderful thing....lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones