• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Wouldn't we all like to know the answer to that one.:dontknow

Yes. That may be it. I don't think Samsung will release another update for this tablet as they are focusing on the new pro line and the new 10.1. They want people to buy that one.

However. I'm okay with jelly bean. For now. I really want to get the new pro series tablet.

Upvote 0
"... global KitKat update list..."

BUT... when do we get it? No one knows... Im thinking the list was a quick reaction for others (sony, htc, lg). All of them have made similar kind of lists and Samsung was the only one who didnt say anything. Do Samsung even have anything to offer yet or was it just a quick reaction to keep customers without leaving? I havent heard that anyone on the list has got an update... Samsung Nordic didnt even know possible updates couple days ago, all they said that all updates are listed on their site. Even when the Samsung US put that list out, not even when the Samsung Poland put the list out. All this "blindness" looks like the list was just a quick response. Atleast we know now whats happening... So, only thing we dont yet know it is the time table.

Upvote 0
Yes. That may be it. I don't think Samsung will release another update for this tablet as they are focusing on the new pro line and the new 10.1. They want people to buy that one.

However. I'm okay with jelly bean. For now. I really want to get the new pro series tablet.

I don't understand why Samsung brought out the 10.1 note 2014 Edition. and then quickly brought out the Tab Pro 8.4 and the 10.1 Pro. with no notes. and a 12.2 Note Pro. It just seems poor marketing. Since i have a 10.1 note and find it is a really great tablet,i passed on the 10.1 note 2014 Edition, and bought the smaller Tab Pro 8.4. It sure beats my older Samsung Tab2.
I admit the new Samsung 10.1 Pro has a much nicer screen then my 10.1 note and also the 10.1 note 2014 Edition. But I am betting a 10.1 Pro note will soon be coming out.;)

Upvote 0
I don't understand why Samsung brought out the 10.1 note 2014 Edition. and then quickly brought out the Tab Pro 8.4 and the 10.1 Pro. with no notes. and a 12.2 Note Pro. It just seems poor marketing. Since i have a 10.1 note and find it is a really great tablet,i passed on the 10.1 note 2014 Edition, and bought the smaller Tab Pro 8.4. It sure beats my older Samsung Tab2.
I admit the new Samsung 10.1 Pro has a much nicer screen then my 10.1 note and also the 10.1 note 2014 Edition. But I am betting a 10.1 Pro note will soon be coming out.;)

I agree with you but their making billions of dollars and they can afford to release 20 different tablets at once and that's the problem.

There a tab 8
Note pro 8
Note pro 8.4 (seriously?)
Note 10.1 2014 edition
Note 10.1 2014 pro edition
Note 12.2 pro
10.1 tab pro
12.2 tab

Like seriously Samsung stop!
If I were in charge.

I'd kill off tab like completely. Tab and pro, only difference is the pen. You know what. Everyone should get a pen. I don't care if you use it or not you get it.

I would make 3 tablets.

Note 8
Note 10.1
Note 12.2

That's it. Of course there will be different versions depending of you want mobile data or not.

Upvote 0
I agree with you but their making billions of dollars and they can afford to release 20 different tablets at once and that's the problem.

There a tab 8
Note pro 8
Note pro 8.4 (seriously?)
Note 10.1 2014 edition
Note 10.1 2014 pro edition
Note 12.2 pro
10.1 tab pro
12.2 tab

Like seriously Samsung stop!
If I were in charge.

I'd kill off tab like completely. Tab and pro, only difference is the pen. You know what. Everyone should get a pen. I don't care if you use it or not you get it.

I would make 3 tablets.

Note 8
Note 10.1
Note 12.2

That's it. Of course there will be different versions depending of you want mobile data or not.

I could not agree more. Samsung just makes it hard to really understand what they are selling. I have seen people at my local Best Buy,trying to understand what each tablet can do. Many just walk away over to the Apple iPads.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
There is a synonym for it: Flooding the market.

But there is the other side too. People don't know what to buy anymore and what is the difference between this and that. Too much is just too much.

I agree i have watched people try to understand all the Samsung tablets,at my local Best Buy. Then just walk away and go to where the iPads are.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
So where the hell is it I think they are taking the "P" now it cant take this long to test it on the note can it ?. I think give it another week then flog it on ebay and get an ipad, we buy their flagship tablet and get no support poor service Samsung. :mad::mad:

Have patience. The Kit Kat update is more of a maintenance update than anything else. My LG G2 got updated the other day from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and i can't really tell you i see much difference.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones