Kitchen help

Last Updated:

1. yung_wallace

yung_wallace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i try to auto root my hero i have debug on and restart my computer and unplug my phone and plug it back in, but still wont work , it say failed to push file please restart your computer and try again, i did that and no luck any help?

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

3. yung_wallace

i read that and it doesnt help...

4. RetiredFinally

RetiredFinally Well-Known Member

I tried mine 6 times on different days before it finally worked. I am running Win7 64bit and I can tell you it was a PIA but worth it once you do it. Using Fresh rom and it is faster and smoother.

Good Luck

5. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

well read it again. If you can't understand the guides, you probably shouldn't be rooting yet.

Heck, there's even a video on there showing how to manually do it.

If the kitchen doesn't work and you want to root, then do it the manual way, and maybe you'll learn something you'll need later.

6. yung_wallace

thanks tatonka hero for pushing me not to be lazy and i read it and follow it, and after 20 mins, now i am running fresh, thank you so much everyone for the help, i want to know if now i try to use kitchen to pull off some sprint apps and change boot screen, will it work?

7. tatonka_Hero

The kitchen will work wonderfully with Fresh1.1 to pull those apps off and change the bootscreen.

I think the problem you might have been having is that there's an update for the kitchen auto-rooter, and I don't know if you had that or not.

8. yung_wallace

i had the auto root fix but still no luck, oh well, i am rooted now so whatever, and yes kitchen did work and, man is soooooo much faster

9. tatonka_Hero

I'm toying with Modaco 2.2 now, with some other themes added in. It's a bit harder to remove the sprint apps that are put back in since Flipz' kitchen doesn't work for that. Once I got rid of all of those again, I really enjoy it. I don't know if I notice any real difference in speed between Modaco 2.2 and Fresh 1.1, but they both look the same at the moment other than the blue taskbar I just put on, and a clear lockscreen that I plan on changing a bit later.

10. yung_wallace

i want to try the TTG v0.1.6 ROm but i cant find any screenshot to see what it looks like

11. tatonka_Hero

so make a backup, flash the TTG rom, and if you don't like it, flash back lol

If I remember right, it looks pretty much stock, with a different taskbar. I remember trying it a while back and wasn't a fan, but that was before I had a little leeway on how much bandwidth I could use, and couldn't download any themes or anything due to getting close to my F.A.P. threshold. Now that I'm back below 80%, i'm golden lol

12. yung_wallace

what about the beta 2.0? does it have google nav in it?

13. tatonka_Hero

I haven't messed with the 2.x ROM's much. I tried one and things didn't quite work out right. From what I understand though, you have to manually install the apps you want instead of going through the market on the phone. I could be mistaken on that, but I could swear I read that somewhere today. That would mean that if Google Nav does work, you'd have to install it manually rather than through the market.

I do know that if you try to sign into the market on a 2.x ROM with your normal google sign in details, and then flash back to a 1.5 ROM and try to use the market again, some apps won't show up unless you go through a lengthy process to fix it. Luckily, none of the apps I want to use are the ones that don't show up lol

14. yung_wallace

maybe i will just want for 2.1 hahaha