KitKat Confirmed for Droid Razr M (official)General

1. stephensunday

stephensunday New Member

Per the Motorola Support portal link, which I apparently can't repost here since I'm a "new user."

Updated from "Future Plan Coming" to

"DROID RAZR M

This device will be upgraded to KitKat (Android 4.4)"

Huzzah or something.

Advertisement
    rsisley likes this.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

stephensunday and rsisley like this.
  3. rsisley

rsisley Well-Known Member

Anyone have any ideas on a timeline?
  4. stephensunday

stephensunday New Member

5. davidchsw

davidchsw Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it.
  6. binaryhermit

binaryhermit Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. However, Google has motivation to increase adoption of Kit Kat, and they own Motorola, so...
  7. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Hope it doesn't push the limits of the phone memory and cause problems....IF we actually get it.
  8. teddyearp

Actually, from what I've read, Kit Kat has been optimized to be more efficient on storage and RAM requirements.
  9. bigbadwulff

And what flavor of Kool Aid do you like? :)
  10. rsisley

Verizon announced that the soak test for the newer model RAZRs are starting today. We can only hope that the ones for the older models are close behind.
  11. davidchsw

davidchsw Well-Known Member

I still think we won't get it. All we should expect from Verizon at this point is a bill each month.
  12. teddyearp

LOL. Now that's some funny stuff!
  13. Nidstang

Nidstang Active Member

Couple of recent posts over on XDA are confirming that KitKat 4.4.2 is coming to the M, possibly in as early as a few weeks. Per a Google+ post by a Moto employee.
  14. micallen

micallen Well-Known Member

That sounds about right because I moved on from mine to an S3. :banghead:
  15. imcomininhot

imcomininhot Member

I don't mean to be holding my breath, but... I ditched my maxx to upgrade to the iPhone 5s - I was encouraged by the wife. It was a good experience and as much as I despise my stock jb maxx, I had to do the right thing and come back - I just sold my iPhone and anticipate switching to att -
    Well, I'm now searching. Really tho? I heard some were already using it on there maxx's
    I'm on a conquest to find this version. Or at least help this obsolete device while I'm procrastinating the att s5 switch ... (maybe I'll stick with the s4 for when I do leap)
  16. bigbadwulff

I can tell you Kit Kat is nothing all that great. It isn't bad it just isn't anything special. They changed things that just didn't need changing. Little things like the color of the charging symbol ... that you can't see well at all!
  17. rsisley

This was posted on April 16th.

"Motorola Mobility’s Senior Director of Software Product Management David Schuster spilled the beans on the upcoming update to the Droid RAZR HD and RAZR M, saying that these two phones will get their KitKat goodies in a few weeks".

“A number of people have been asking me about that status of the KitKat upgrade for the 2012 DROID family (HD and M). I am happy to report that we have made great progress and it should only be a few more weeks until you guys can enjoy it."
  18. Nidstang

Nidstang Active Member

All signs point towards this month.

See here and here (soak test invitation already circulating for the RAZR HD).
  19. rsisley

Verizon posted the Kitkat official support documents for the 3 RAZR phones. Update should be rolling out shortly.
  20. ~aRBy~

~aRBy~ Well-Known Member

2:30am New York time I checked to see if the update was available, welp yep, its downloaded and installed. Not really going to check and play too much right now, but if you didn't get a notice yet keep checking because it's here!
  21. rsisley

Got mine too in AZ.
  22. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

My brother said 4.4 showed up on his phone this morning, so I did an update check and it just downloaded. It's installing now!
  23. ~aRBy~

~aRBy~ Well-Known Member

One thing annoying me so far is the notification bar icon colours. Especial the I icon for WiFi. Before the WiFi icon being white would mean that you were connected to a network but didn't have internet access. Now with the icon bein white I keep thinking that my network is off line. Other thigh that all seems to be going well and my battery life seems about the same, I've been off charger about 16 hours and I'm still at ~75% battery left...
    jkj860 likes this.
  24. ~aRBy~

~aRBy~ Well-Known Member

the more that i play with it the less that i like it. i really liked the RAZRm but with kitkat i quickly starting to hate this phone. its holding battery very well and its not been slowed down at all, but i just cant get used to the useless changes. Tomorrow im going to VZW to get a new phone, i shouldn't have installed this upgrade...
    i guess kitkat will more or less be coming to most newer android phones, so i guess i'll be jumping ship...
  25. rbtnt

rbtnt Member

Anyone else having lower audio levels on the notifications and audio jack? The upgrade took my Foxfi away and I can not load PDANet on work laptop.