1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Kitkat Launcher/GNow. Anyone got it to work?

1. Spz0

Spz0 Well-Known Member Developer

I've been tinkering around with the new kitkat launcher files -- decompiled and trying to see why its not seemingly compatible with the Source.

Has anyone ever got this to work on Hera devices? Or is it just me?

Advertisement
  2. SuperR

SuperR Well-Known Member Developer

Check if there is a /lib directory in the apk. If so drag the *.so into /system/lib and try again. If not no clue.

edit: you could also do a logcat to see what is tossing errors.
  3. Spz0

aye, I've already checked for lib files, there are none. logcat gives cryptic errors.

Code (Text):
    1. E/AndroidRuntime( 3756): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    2. E/AndroidRuntime( 3756): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity Co
    3. mponentInfo{com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/com.google.android.launcher.
    4. GEL}: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Can't convert to dimension: type=
    5. 0x12
  4. SuperR

Looks like the launcher is tied with google now. Do you have the kitkat versions of both installed? You might need to.
  5. Spz0

yeppers. the launcher I've read, is actually inside Gnow, the launcher.apk just calls upon it.
  6. SuperR

Sorry man, I have not messed with anything kitkat so far. Good luck :)

edit: Here is a link that says it works on 4.1+ May be what you already tried but i was bored so i looked it up lol
  7. Spz0

Yeah, I've already been there and nogo. I'm hoping to rework GNow to work on the hera. Just need to figure out why it's crashing.
  8. Krsmqn

Krsmqn Well-Known Member

Google Now works on my Hera...

Attached Files:

9. Spz0

I suppose I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the gnow version with the kitkat launcher imbedded in it.
  10. Krsmqn

Krsmqn Well-Known Member

11. Spz0