• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swisaiahag

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2012
Miami,Florida
for whomever still uses this phone . kit Kat is possible and I have saw it run on my friends at school .. he is not interested and sharing due to uploading and cooperating with users. but all works except Bluetooth & extSdcard. im not going to post or nothing im just saying for Metropcs Galaxy admire kitkat is possible.

for whomever still uses this phone . kit Kat is possible and I have saw it run on my friends at school .. he is not interested and sharing due to uploading and cooperating with users. but all works except Bluetooth & extSdcard. im not going to post or nothing im just saying for Metropcs Galaxy admire kitkat is possible.

It seems this is the wrong forum? This is the original admire (3g).
Also we have discussed this in other threads. The phone has enough ram to run it the community is so small at this point I doubt a serious dev would bother to compile it. I'd try but i'd rather wait until the cm branch becomes more stable.

Upvote 0
Well, he claims it's a large file and would slow down his connection .. But it's ported from the epicmtd... sorry I'm not much help . You admire users

hmm i would like that file but by the way this is the ORIGINAL samsung admire forums not the Samsung GALAXY admire 4G forums. if you can though make him make it public.. as i am sure galaxy admire users would love to use it.. also he will get a lot of recognition.

Upvote 0
the admire 4g doesnt even have custom recovery, let alone any conceivable way to port epicmtd's cyanogenmod. wanna know how i know? cuz i helped work on cm for the epic 4g on sprint, i also rooted teh admire 4g. im aware of what steps would be needed in order to get one of those roms running on a device that uses RFS, and no one has bothered. uberpinguin bricked his epic 4g 50+ times getting the partition sizing correct for reformatting the epic 4g to mtd so that it could play nice with cyanogenmod.

unless your buddy has figured out the uart/jtagging of teh admire and spent MONTHS trying to replicate the process on a smaller crappier emmc then im going to stand by what i said before and call BS. this is the same across ALL admire devices, the admire, admire 2, admire 4g etc etc. not a single one of them has a hope of having epicmtd ported to it.

im reporting this thread to be closed as it serves no purpose but to give false hope to poor admire owners being led around. the best shot of getting off 2.3 teh admire have is porting teh prevail/ace's cm9, or somehow convincing requisite its worth his time to finish his cm9 device tree so they can build from source and have all the other roms that come with cm.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones