1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Knowing a text has been recieved.General

1. sorbet

sorbet Active Member

Okay, you know how on regular Verizon phones, when you text another Verizon phone and the message was received, there was a checkmark next to it, and if it wasn't, a little arrow pointing upwards was shown? I think Blackberry's do it too.
    Is there anyway for my Eris to show that? Sometimes my boyfriend's phone won't receive texts, and I like knowing if they went through or not before I resend them.

Advertisement
    :
  2. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

i haven't figured out if this is possible yet, and the lady i spoke with at the Verizon store said it was possible with the stock application.
    of course I don't believe half the stuff VZW reps say, if i did we would've had a certain update 3 weeks ago
  3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yeah I have read that handcent works with that but not with mine. If I turn it on I just get a confirmation Txt back. Which is annoying. Would be nice if it worked on here but I've learned to live with it since mine only works with Alltel folks anyway.
  4. mattjphoto

mattjphoto Well-Known Member

I would like to know this too and what certain update are you referring too. lol :p
  5. JrzDroid

lets leave talk of that certain update to threads pertaining to that update. We don't need anymore of those threads
  6. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

Are u kidding??? This is a smart phone, son. So far, to me that means any phone function that's normal on a $10 cell phone requires a 3rd-party apple (like getting an audible reminder when u don't acknowledge receiving a text or missing a call).
  7. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

Oops - sorry. That 'apple' meant app in my last post.
  8. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

Open the stock Message app.
    Hit Menu button, go to Settings in message app, check the "Delivery Report" option.
  9. JrzDroid

will that work if i use handcent?
  10. A User Name

I'm not sure, as I don't use Handcent or Chomp; only the stock app.

This will send you back a text message saying "Message Successfully Delivered" or something to that degree, so it's not the "D" or "R" we are used to with other Verizon devices, but it does the job if you need to know for sure if a message was delivered to someone.
  11. JrzDroid

the answer is yes, i just tested it
  12. A User Name