Known Chronic Motorola Issues?

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings! I currently have the HTC Incredible and am really thinking about switching over to the Motorola Droid X. The speaker on my Incredible blew out just a few days ago from playing music too loudly from it (didn't know it could do that) and from what I've seen, it seems to be an issue that HTC phones keep making. I would think that if there was a major possibility with it happening, they would lower the volume limit. I plan on selling it, but first seeing if Asurion insurance covers it, so I could sell the insured unit instead of this so I can get more money to get the Droid X.

This brings me to my question... are there known issues that I should know that Motorola is known for?

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I know this doesn't answer the question initially asked, but why would you pay 80 bucks for a replacement on a warranty issue. Has the inc even been out 30 days yet? Its a warranty issue and should be replaced by verizon for FREE.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Indeed this is a warranty issue. No need to spend money on assurian. Just take your phone back or call tech support for a free replacement.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

4. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

Same exact thing happened with my first incredible. Insurance will definitely replace it for free.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

You get like a year warranty so if something like that happens you can take it into verizon and get it replaced although you will be waiting awhile with all the back orders

6. Vihzel

Oh I see. It has definitely been over 30 days, but with the 1 year warranty, I will give Verizon a call to see if they can at least backorder one for me.

7. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Yeah no need to pay the money for insurance replacement when its stil under factory warranty

8. jreed2560

if its been past thirty days, then you will probably get a refurb, which isn't nec. a bad thing. You might not even have to wait for the replacement.

9. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

True, got refurb replacement in two dyas

10. jungajuice

jungajuice Active Member

the speaker blew out on my droid too so i don't think that issue is limited to htc

11. Vihzel

I'll still definitely check out the Droid X. Basically what I'm worried about most is the size of the phone. Full retail price for the phone isn't an issue.

12. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

If you're worried about the size, I recommend checking out Sized Up: Droid X vs Incredible I've been plugging it constantly but it gives a very good comparison to an incredible in size. .4" longer, .2" wider, and thinner. Those numbers are small. It should be very pocketable and easy to use with one hand being a fifth of an inch wider than the inc. I don't like that size is scaring ppl off of this phone.

13. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

There biggest issue has been the fact that since the original droid they have locked the bootlaoder on every other android handset they have released. And consider that it has just been within the last moth that the bootloader on the milestone has been cracked and it came out in Nov 2009.

14. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I agree I think this phone will be very pocketable and not as big as what some people are making it out to be. Personally I cannot wait to know when this phone will be released.

15. HalfDroid

HalfDroid Member

Thanks a lot for giving me that size comparison link. I've been curious about the Droid X, but was a bit worried about the size of the phone. That comparison link prompted me to do a comparison with my iPod Touch (3G). My iPod Touch has a Switch Easy Rebel Case around it and I never have any problems carrying it around in my pocket.

I couldn't find the exact dimensions of the Switch Easy Rebel Case, so I decided to it by myself. I found that my iPod w/case is 4.5" x 2.6" x .35" (The depth is difficult for me to determine but its a bit shorts than .4")

The iPhone 4's dimensions are 4.5" x 2.31" x .37"

After seeing that size comparison and doing my own little thing, I think its safe for me to say its not a whole lot different in terms of size, the screen is just bigger and looks intimidating.

This is my first post on this forum.

16. gorenut

gorenut Well-Known Member

I'm actually curious about Moto's rep as well. The main positive thing I've heard about the last Droid is that it's build quality is very sturdy. However, it had a poor camera and keyboard. Other than that.. I've heard nothing but horror stories about the Razr.

17. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I never owned a Droid, but didn't they fix the camera issues with an update?

18. jreed2560

yes they did. By all accounts, the initial reports on this phone are nothing but positive!