KNOX-FRIENDLY djembey Rom

1. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=40710278

NEW KNOX-FREE ROMS now available!

Djembey has released 2 new roms that use the new "root de la Vega" patch to root, which does NOT trip the Knox efuse! This includes a new leaked MJ3 (4.3) firmware.

Reports on xda are that this works if you are currently a Knox virgin, ie. Knox 0x0. But it won't do anything if you've already popped your Knox cherry!

And you can go back to older pre-Knox versions if you wish.

It's a different method of rooting so read carefully! And no flashing a custom recovery, that'll trip the Knox efuse.

Anyone feeling brave..........

Advertisement
    :
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Will a custom recovery, such as PhilZ, trip the Knox security counter on these new ROM's Syd?
  3. Sydney99

Yes
    ironass likes this.
  4. ironass

5. Sydney99

6. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Concise, to the point and accurate. "Bum" somes it up. What's the point without a custom recovery? No flashing of any .Zip mods, or kernels. Still, having it rooted without tripping the Knox flag is progress.

TBH I'm impressed the Devs have even managed to do this.
  7. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

Mobile Odin ?
  8. dynomot

Possibly, but my guess is it would trip Knox. I'm not willing to try. :)
  9. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

well i went for it and it totally screwed my phone, ive spent the best part of the day getting back to stock, everything FC`d, i had no sound, no wifi, and the included modem only worked if i stood arms akimbo hanging out of an upstairs window.

Ironass dont try this in the twilight zone , in fact, nobody try this, the little hair i had has now been pulled out thrice

I am by no means a noob when it comes to flashing, updating etc so plz plz plz, give this some time to mature before trying
    ironass, dynomot and Sydney99 like this.
  10. ironass

Nice one iT0mm0! :thumb:

Nice to see the pioneering spirit is not dead on the S4.

Seems that you have taken on the mantle from Syd, (a.k.a. Chicken Little), and dyno, (a.k.a. Anyone know a good divorce lawyer).

I can't talk, as I thought I'd give CM 10.2 a go over the weekend and after getting it up and running, I decided that it was wayyyy too spartan for me and then had a devils own job getting back to MHI. Ended up doing a completely vanilla install from scratch.
  11. dynomot

Indeed WD iT0mm0. It was not without a sense of irony that I "Thanked" your post just after Syd.

I wonder if trying it on an already shafted (ie Knoxed) firmware will work.... If I do turn it into a shiny paper weight I will need that divorce lawyer. My wife has asked me to help her set it up for her use later. Now I have to explain I can and will teach her to set it up herself. (Strictly speaking it is her upgrade) so when I get to the hair pulling stage after "borking" it (a foregone conclusion with my record) she can have a baptism of fire getting it right. Knox counters, who cares.

dyno throwing his marriage away with his SGS4 :)
  12. Sydney99

I feel a little guilty now for creating this post, and goading a poor unsuspecting soul to flash this on behalf of us all...

At least now I can pass over the mantel of stunt pilot, crash test dummy, village idiot.......ok, perhaps not the latter:beer:
  13. dynomot

Tempted Syd, you tempted, not "goaded".;)

Seriously knowledge is power, and although relived I havn't tried it myself and got into a mess, I wouldn't be blaming anyone but myself. There is a danger that we all become understandably reticent to flash, but we should not withhold information. We all know the risks, it is down to each of us as individuals to risk it, if we want to.
  14. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

If you already have a locked bootloader would I be correct in thinking you cannot install this ROM without blowing the eFuse? My reading of Knox friendly is that this ROM will not itself blow the eFuse but installing it would if your bootloader is already locked.
  15. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

16. daddy2be2013

daddy2be2013 Member

Hi it0mm0 im thinking ov using the echoe rom on my s4 i9505 can u tell me if I need to install a custom recovery to use this rom please an will it trigger any knox warranty or security as ive read that installin custom recovery triggers the knox please help thanks
  17. daddy2be2013

daddy2be2013 Member

Hi it0mm0 im thinking ov using the echoe 4.3 rom as im on galaxy s4 i9505 with knox warranty 0x0 if I install this will it trigger the knox warranty or security in any way please as ive read that this rom needs to be installed with philz touch recovery if you can help thanks
  18. ironass

See, here...