• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kobo App Problem

Hi, my wife recently bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (wifi only), installed Kobo e-reader and bought a couple of books. All worked well at home (on wifi). She's now gone on holiday (Spain) and reported that she couldn't access her ebooks on the flight. On arriving she was able to read for a couple of days but now claims her ebooks are unavailable. She describes the problem as "Update check failed, network not available". She has no wifi where she is and assures me wifi is turned off.
I've raised a query with KOBO tech support who basically say this shouldn't happen and offer no further suggestions !
Other than possibly trying to sync bookmarks I have no idea what it is trying to do re network access (ie the books have been previously downloaded and have been bookmarked).
Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones