Koush's Clockwork recovery

Last Updated:

1. jdldf

jdldf Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am running Koush's clockwork recovery and I am stuck in recovery performing back up. Is there anyway to reboot from recovery there is no option and when pulling the battery it just brings me back to performing backup?

Advertisement
  2. ten2o3

ten2o3 Active Member

Try pulling the sd card and rebooting. It should time out after 20 seconds off trying to mount the sd card. Then put the card back in and reboot, should be fine. I got stuck flashing a rom once and this worked for me. Good luck

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

You may want to try over in the Root Sub Forum. You may get a it more help on these kinds of issues.

4. hecate

hecate Member

Pulling the SD card, reinserting, and rebooting fixed this problem on mine, too.

5. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Is RM giving anyone else a lot of problems in Recovery? About 75% of the time it either won't find the file I'm updating or it shuts down & reboots before I can even select Yes on the install page.
    I'm running a 32GB card. Dunno if that has anything to do with it, but it didn't seem like I was having this trouble before with the same card.

6. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

Damn near every time. It is either that or I have to reflash Clockwork like 5 times before it sticks.

7. chevy*tough

chevy*tough Member

I'm using this and I haven't had any problems with it. Haven't really used it since install. Used it to flash chevys 4.7 rom

8. Psychokitty

Well one of the great things about this app is that you can flash an older version of ClockworkMod. So I'm gonna give an older one a shot and see how that works for me. I'll post what I find.

9. muab

muab Well-Known Member

Yesterday and today I have had to reflash Clockwork recovery multiple times to stick. Then, if I reboot my phone a couple of times and then boot into recovery it will be back to the standard recovery.

Yesterday was my first experience with RM so I am still going slow with the training wheels on.

Is normal or am I missing something?

Oh yeah, also, when I did finally get clockwork to stick yesterday then every time I rebooted my phone it would take about 5X longer than usual checking my SD card for errors. Is that normal?

10. Psychokitty

No, I don't think so. RM is being a bit flaky for me, too. Yesterday I tried to flash the Chevy kernel I had running last week with this same ROM clock and it rebooted while in ClockworkMod Recovery 6 times. (-A reboot in Recovery always makes me nervous.) It does this when I select "install update.zip from sd" but not once I'm in the Nandroid file to do a recovery or backup. I was probably in Recovery a total of about 12 times.
    After the installation was finally successful, it wouldn't stop boot looping no matter what I tried. Then when I went back into Recovery manually to restore my latest backup, it decided it didn't like my sd card. I finally gave up on trying to install the Chevy kernel. I have a P3 in that OCs to 1.25GHz, but it's a battery whore so I'm going to have to curb it through SetCPU.

11. muab

muab Well-Known Member

What a huge PITA. I hope I do not have a similar experience.

This is when people with short tempers contemplate entering the "40 yard custom phone toss" competition...

:)

Cheers.