KRAZY fast new Kernel!

Last Updated:

1. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

New cm6 kernel from KiNgxKernel.

[KERNEL] [AOSP/CM] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] [BFQ] KiNgxKernel #1 - xda-developers

Here's my commentary on it from the xda thread:

Wow, just ran a Short Bench of 158. Sorry but that's damned quick at 1.19. Linpack just logged in at 39.19 - wow! Best I ever did with Snap was 38. Holy moly, just ran a Quadrant of 2242!

I am thinking maybe having that partition I used in Snap 7.1 helps this kernel along too? My scores seem to be blowing everyone else away. Must be the partition all else being equal. (Apparently the partition speeds up read/write speeds).

Short Bench - 158
    Linpack - 39.17
    Quadrant 2242! <<<<<< Deyaaaam!

[​IMG]

This kernel is so cooked in right sauce. Well done!

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Does it shoot 3 MP camera and unlock FPS?

3. mitchellvii

Running 53 fps. Not sure how to test how well the camera is functioning other than it works. Is there a camera benchmark out there?

4. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

I read about yesterdAY when he released it. How's battery life.

5. mitchellvii

Dunno yet. I really need to clear my battery register out and fully recharge to give it an honest hearing.

6. exBBuser

yeah just came from XDA and so far theres only one battery comment and he said hes getting +- the same battery life he was getting with snap 7.4. By the way ur benchmarks look on point don't mind that teoll from xdA.

7. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

what do you mean partition?

8. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

Will this work with the latest Fresh ROM?

9. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

How do I install a new kernel on a rooted phone?

10. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

flash it like a rom.

11. Wile-E

Wile-E Active Member

According to DaWhip over on XDA "This is for AOSP (CM6) only. Don't try it on fresh. Check king's other thread or netarchy's thread for compatible kernels."

So the answer is no.

12. mitchellvii

Yeah I think this is cm6 only. It's really nice - been using it all and it just feels snappier than Snap (pardon the pun).

Yeah, I almost think he was trying to be funny. I mean he so over-reacted to some simple benchies that he is either a nut or was pulling our legs a bit.

P.S., Can't wait for my 3000 mah batteries to arrive. Tired of trying to nurse life from this 1500. Face it, this battery just wasn't made to handle a beast like El Evo Maximo. ;-)

13. mitchellvii

14. mitchellvii

Just copy it to your sdcard and use a recover program like Clockworkmod to flash it.

15. exBBuser

I feel you I feel the same way with ma battery I ordered my 3500mah on Monday is gonna take a while b4 I get. It's coming from Hong Kong.

16. thegame2388

thegame2388 Well-Known Member

Can you flash this kernel on the rooted 2.2 stock rom?

17. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

no, it is only for cm6, if you want a good kernel for stock 2.2 i think netarchy works with it

18. mitchellvii

Yeah feel weird ordering from Hong Kong until I realize half the crap in my house probably came from there. Plus I get TWO 3000 batteries and a really nice back cover for $20.

Seriously, even if they suck it was worth a shot (however, I've been reading about this particular battery on another forum and they are totally lovin it so...)

I guess people are hesitant to go this route since the phone will be fatter, but from what I've read, most people say the phone actually feels more like a "phone" in your hand and not a "deck of cards" when you are making a call. Then there is the problem that no case will fit your phone, but oh well, someone will make one eventually.

19. Twosted

Twosted Active Member

Have you tried the new Fresh 3.2 ROM? It has the new HTC Kernal. The battery life improved dramatically.

[ROM] 9/3/10 | Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 | New OTA Base + New Stagefright + New HTC Kernel - xda-developers

20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

I flashed kings kernel here and it was running smooth and fast...for the first 4 or 5 hours. Now none of my games will play, quadrant fc's and I'm getting boot loops and random reboots. I'd say it's not a very stable build right now.

Any suggestions on what kernal to use that IS stable for cm6?

21. mitchellvii

Seems odd that it would run well for hours then suddenly get weird on you. I know they say that Froyo doesn't need a task manager but I don't believe that - I find that my phone bogs down after a while without a task manager running (just my personal experience so don't flame me please).

Anyhow, I've also noticed that when I flash a new kernel, sometimes "Permissions" get screwed up and apps break down. Just go to main page of Rom Manager and click "Fix Permissions" then reboot. For me this has fixed many problems in the past.

And yes, this is a new kernel. I can't speak for the author but it is bound to have issues occasionally. But then again, so does Snap (which is very popular and well established). Apparently this author has a very good re though.

cm6 has its own kernel that is pretty stable. Just run that.

22. mitchellvii

Ok, getting my first major bug with this. As soon as I boot, I get an error message saying process com.android.email has fc'd. Can't make mail work at all. Anyone else having this issue?